[Tutorial] How to use Controllers For All with RetroArch on iOS 8.3 / 8.4 + [Fixes]

Hey guys, so im a new RetroArch user for iPhone :smiley: and i had so many errors while setting up RetroArch and PS4 Controller With “Controllers For All” Tweak. and of-course the most annoying error is that front-end option in RetroArch that once you click it it crashes. after goin and searching all over da net i found this amazing Reddit thread that helped me :slight_smile: and I’m sure it will help you too !

make sure to follow this tutorial step by step to get it work also follow these steps if you had any errors:

Also here is my RetroArch config file just in-case some of you don’t know how to keymap a PS4 controller cuz i think it’s hard to keymap :c and there’s few buttons doesn’t work such as: select/start/R3/L3 … http://darkz0ne.net/RetroArch/retroarch.cfg

Good luck and i hope this helps someone out there :slight_smile: … also does anyone know when is the release of RetroArch 1.2 for iOS ?

Maybe the DS4 is diferent, but with the DS3, you don’t even need Controllers for All. You can use it if you wanted to for some reason, but you lose the ability to customize all the buttons or something like that. RetroArch + btstack alone worked perfectly for me with my DS3, on 8.1.2. I would assume on 8.4 after BTstack and RetroArch are all updated it will continue to work the same way.

[QUOTE=liaga55;25254]Maybe the DS4 is diferent, but with the DS3, you don’t even need Controllers for All. You can use it if you wanted to for some reason, but you lose the ability to customize all the buttons or something like that. RetroArch + btstack alone worked perfectly for me with my DS3, on 8.1.2. I would assume on 8.4 after BTstack and RetroArch are all updated it will continue to work the same way.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I did, you can also change button mapping in retroarch inside frontend.