Two Feature Questions

Hey All,

I had two questions about possible features. First, are there any plans to add multichannel audio expansion similar to the PEOPS DSound 1.10b plugin for epsxe/pcsx-r. I know Retroarch plays out of all speakers because I hear it coming out of my rear channels, but the PEOPS DSound surround sound emulation is in a completely different world (hearing the waves come from behind during the intro to FF8 is a sound to behold). If I recall correctly, the PEOPS plugin was able to do this through all sorts of vile hackery, but I thought maybe it might be more practical in Libretro where the audio is already being pumped out of the core to be processed by the LIbretro backend.

Second, are there any plans to support wiimotes through Mayflash’s Dolphinbar as input devices on WIndows? Dolphinbar allows for a dinput mode with mode 3 but that doesn’t seem to support wii aiming for light guns. What I’m really looking for is native wiimote (mode 4) input which is handled specially it seems (I believe Dolphin needed to be modified to read the input correctly). Since the Dolphinbar’s release, I think a lot of people have been moving to the Dolphinbar on windows since Windows Wiimote support is so minimal.

1. There isn’t multichannel audio in the current api version.
  2. if it’s a dinput/xinput device it should work already, dunno about those other modes, I don’t think anyone on the team has a dolphinbar

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think it works with either Dinput or xinput in native mode. From what I’ve read on the Dolphin forums native mode displays the wiimote as just a standard HID device not as as dinput or xinput controler (oddly, the wiimote itself does show up in Retroarch it just doesn’t see it as more than a standard controller).

Hi! First of all - I love Retroarch, great thanks to all people who make this software. I’m sorry, I don’t know where I can add feature request so… My request is UPNP support for netplay. I really want port forwarding without any manipulation on my home router. I’m lazy ) Thank you!

Random question but, if I could donate a dolphinbar, is there anyone willing to implement it as a pointing device/lightgun in retroarch? I think there’s a huge amount of interest in having a low cost, modern TV compatible lightgun available for emulation and implementing it across the libretro ecosystem would cover a huge swath of the existing lightgun games.

I’d be more than willing to chip in and get a dolphinbar to make that happen. I think it would need to function as a lightgun in the mame, nes, snes, and psx cores (and any other systems with light gun support). I have no idea if I’ll be successful, but I can also try to get the dolphinbar manufacturers to talk to whoever would be responsible for programming support like they did with Dolphin if someone would be interested (I know you’re super busy with 1.1.

I picked a dolphin bar up the other day and it works just fine for light guns in Linux. There’s something wrong in Windows, though, where the cursor jumps all over the place. I’m not sure if that’s something we can do anything about, actually :confused: