Two questions: Mednafen's Saturn core & the slang shader format

Are there any plans to implement disc swapping in multidisc games with the Mednafen Saturn core? I don’t see any disk control option for it like with other RA cores.

I’m puzzled by the use of shaders in RA and what makes them work and what doesn’t. I noticed that the cgp format shaders don’t work with my GTX 1070 card but that slang does in 1.4.0. Since I like to use Rocketlauncher as my launcher, I kind of miss the ability to select cgp shaders for individual systems in RL and actually get them working. Despite an attempt at a workaround, one of the RL developers tried to help me get Slang shaders loaded but no joy. How can I get RA 1.4.0 shaders working in RL again?

RE: shaders, slang shaders are only compatible with the Vulkan driver (you can think of them as Vulkan shaders, effectively), while Cg shaders are only compatible with OpenGL and D3D drivers. When you go to settings > driver > video driver (or vide_driver = “whatever” in your retroarch.cfg) if it says ‘vulkan’ use slang, if it says ‘gl’ use Cg.

Ahhh, that clears things up significantly. It’s nice to know that I can at least still assign shaders through RL, just won’t be able to do so with the nice, new, shiny Vulkan driver. I’m sure in time the RocketLauncher boys will implement this ability in their updates, however. Thanks, Hunter :grinning: