Two ?s, accessing in game menus and setting up PS2

New user to Retroarch. I finally got PSX working and I’m having a problem getting any PS2 games to work. I’m not sure I have the correct PS2 core downloaded, and I have the scph10000 bios file in my .emulationstation/systems/retroarch/system. When I try to play a game from Emulation station, either an ISO or from a .cue/bin file the screen switches to Retroarch, then switches right back to Emulation station.

Second question is how I can setup a hot key so I can access the in game menus of games that I’m playing on the different systems (nes, snes, psx, etc)

Thanks!

There is no PS2 core.

Go to settings > input > hotkey binds. The one you want is ‘menu toggle’ at the very bottom.

Ah, thats why. I thought there was one. THe games show up in ES I just won’t play them.

I have the menu toggle setup, but it takes me to the retroarch menu. I want to be able to basically stop playing a game, say Sonic the Hedgehog, and when I stop playing it it would take me back to the Sonic main title where you pick 1 player game, 2 player game, etc without having to go all the way back to the ES menu.

Ah, you want ‘reset game’ from that same hotkey binds menu.

That was it. Thanks!