Tyoushin Heiki Zeroigar En translation for PC-FX

yup, this should work for split wav/iso files

if anything this, you can get CUE sheets from this site :

http://www.necstasy.net/

cue sheets there are wav/bin formats. there are also some helpful guides pcfx and tg16/pce cd related

PC-FX core a bit better now,should run translated Zeroigar and no more black screen issue, just awaiting 1 more commit to fix audio clicks/pop or send me pm if your using windows.

Awesome! Yeah I’m using windows wertz.

pm sent…

Ok so I have more or less the entire library for this system, and with the core you’ve provided me with, every single game (except Last Imperial Prince Disc 2, but that particular disc is the same way on standalone mednafen) made it to the title screen without issue. I tested several games past the title screen, everything was great. All 3 of the translated games (if you follow the procedures wertz has laid out previously in the thread) load and play without issue, as far as I can tell. Further testing is needed, I played each game briefly for 10 minutes.

But, I think you’ve got a winner here. This is all I could have hoped for as far as an update, and is a worthy implementation of the standalone mednafen emulator it is based on.

The only thing (and it’s a very minor thing) it could use is an onscreen indicator when a mode is switched, like standalone mednafen had. Personally, I think anytime any setting that is mappable to a controller is toggled that can affect gameplay, there should be an onscreen indicator.

But I won’t complain if it doesn’t become a permanent part of the core.

So I’m not sure who to thank here… wertz, did you do all this, or was this Tatsuya79?

[QUOTE=Typhon;52743]Ok so I have more or less the entire library for this system, and with the core you’ve provided me with, every single game (except Last Imperial Prince Disc 2, but that particular disc is the same way on standalone mednafen) made it to the title screen without issue. I tested several games past the title screen, everything was great. All 3 of the translated games (if you follow the procedures wertz has laid out previously in the thread) load and play without issue, as far as I can tell. Further testing is needed, I played each game briefly for 10 minutes.

But, I think you’ve got a winner here. This is all I could have hoped for as far as an update, and is a worthy implementation of the standalone mednafen emulator it is based on.

The only thing (and it’s a very minor thing) it could use is an onscreen indicator when a mode is switched, like standalone mednafen had. Personally, I think anytime any setting that is mappable to a controller is toggled that can affect gameplay, there should be an onscreen indicator.

But I won’t complain if it doesn’t become a permanent part of the core.

So I’m not sure who to thank here… wertz, did you do all this, or was this Tatsuya79?[/QUOTE]

tatsuya uploaded and fixed it in source. i just build them with the “audio click” config (as recommended from official mednafens documentation) to fix audio “pops” most noticeable in intro screens and between voice dialogs from Pia Carrot since my recommendations are not being accepted there, probably as a normal way of editing the libretro-game code. what i gave you is just a temporary fix until someone does fixes or finalizes the core and probably update it(since the latest has at least 2 importantant related fixes)

if you want, buildbot is fixed. you can offically download latest commit of PCFX core from retroarch’s Online Updater but that would be without the proper config to remove audio pop/clicks

Well, in that case, thank you both very much. Especially thanks to you, wertz. You put a lot of time into this, and you figured out how to get all 3 of the only translations working. I owe you one my friend.

well,regardless.i just hope retroarch will support ogg or any compressed audio formats for cd-images to save storage space for playback purposes, not just for pcfx stuffs. these redbook audio just taking up most space and its not really important for playback(keeping untouched cdimages separately)

update: looks better now…

In that pic… did you get onscreen notifiers working, when you toggle modes on your gamepad?

yeah,it now displays onscreen when your press switch,im currently working on to add the menu, but only common. i do not think we need multitaps or the need to enable/disable run+select key combo.

need help though with cdcache mode-it will greatly help some remaining audio stutters.

Awesome! Man for someone who isn’t a programmer, you are very resourceful.

PCFX Core 0.9.33.3-WIP ready for testing:

now includes configurable settings(common only) -working menu(also sets correct adpcm_reset_click=removes clicks from audio pcm(voices,dialogs,music that is not CD-DA) -OSD display when pressing Mode switch

look Chip Chan Kick with no black borders(initial+last scanlines + ra’s aspect ratio)

Looks good!

PC-FX Core Unofficial update:

-latest from git 25a083d -onscreen message when using Mode switched -implemented menu(only basic stuff): –> no sprite limit –>initial scanline –>last scanline –>high dotclock mode –>sound quality –>adpcm channel reset clicks –>adpcm buggy codec (some options may need to restart core after changing)

please test and post feedbacks. ONLY FOR 64bit retroarch https://mega.nz/#!yE4HUKxZ!Hm5P6w9NzSTiNhXm1SN7QHaE30Mvl-WvrpObkxAIv4o

Nice work!

Seems to work fine here. The sound is still quite bad but that’s the same with standalone. I wonder if that’s an emulation problem or some kind of compression on the original hardware (Zenki digital voices as an ex. of bad distortion).

Nice to have the scanline menu working and applying in real time. You can also use “last_scanline - first_scanline” in your code as FB_Height to make it better with Integer scale ON. ATM only the default gives a good vertical scaling (test with a simple scanline shader on a white screen).

Well, that’s like it was with PCE_Fast core: the video output is squished and not ideal for Retroarch. I tried to force 341 width mode with Pia Carrot and, OMG, I understand the annotation about the 1024 mode that is needed to avoid crushing pixels…

It shouldn’t be like this here: we could send the original max 480 pixels width (if that’s it?) and have PAR. But… it’s a rewrite that needs lot of testing. Can’t say I have that motivation for this system.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;52889]Nice work!

Seems to work fine here. The sound is still quite bad but that’s the same with standalone. I wonder if that’s an emulation problem or some kind of compression on the original hardware (Zenki digital voices as an ex. of bad distortion).

Nice to have the scanline menu working and applying in real time. You can also use “last_scanline - first_scanline” in your code as FB_Height to make it better with Integer scale ON. ATM only the default gives a good vertical scaling (test with a simple scanline shader on a white screen).

Well, that’s like it was with PCE_Fast core: the video output is squished and not ideal for Retroarch. I tried to force 341 width mode with Pia Carrot and, OMG, I understand the annotation about the 1024 mode that is needed to avoid crushing pixels…

It shouldn’t be like this here: we could send the original max 480 pixels width (if that’s it?) and have PAR. But… it’s a rewrite that needs lot of testing. Can’t say I have that motivation for this system.[/QUOTE]

i haven’t touch mednafen’s code(only settings for the menu), scanline feature is a test, since it was not implemented in the first place. as far as audio is a concern im not so sure of the difference, although recent updates from mednafen’s code does deals with some audio stuffs, like for CD Audio and a new resampler-i did manage to apply audio related code only but that does not seem to be ideal to apply only parts of the code.

i do not notice much of difference in the audio quality(aside from the needed ADPCM reset click to remove annoying click sound when adpcm changes amplitude) with difference versions or compared to standalone, i really cannot say about it being good, it always has that some sort of distorted, old school feel. can you describe details of that audio you said? where or what part of the game and what version of mednafen(or probably real pcfx samples?) you compare it to?

i would like to implement cdrom cache, since it reduces further more of some audio stuttering on my very slow dual-core pc with onboard videocard. but the cdrom code it has now does not seem to like setting cdrom-cache enabled, it leaves it in memory after you exited the core and have to close retroarch to remove that.

i think the system’s max width really is 1024 and just scales in onscreen to 640x480, currently geometry_max_w is set 640, geometry_max_h 240 while leaving fb_width 1024, fb_height 512(fb dimensions based on mednafen code above it) and it still looks good. i just havent played around with shaders since my gpu is not capable of stacking or complex gl shaders.

my programming skills are limited so updating this core to mainstream version is out of the question-if you have tips on some of the issues of the game and point me to where it possibly is related then i do not mind doing the legwork and time.

also editing long codes does not even guarantee me a commit to git, cant even get to commit just the single char that sets it as to mednafen’s recommended cfg(reset click).

thanks.

I have no comparison except for retroarch core vs stand alone for sound. I just hear like “skipping” sometimes, usually on digital voices.

You could be right on that width thing, I don’t know for sure. I’m no programmer myself, I just did the tests and tweaking to fix some display aspects on the PCE core that is a bit similar.

I think what you did is already great and be sure to send a pull request for it. Sometimes it gets unnoticed (happened to me several times); there are not so many people responsible of the git and they’re quite busy with so many other stuff.

-ok, DotClock sets the width of the pcfx buffer -most games must set dotclock to 341 ot default 1024 to avoid graphic glitches(e.g. less than 341 causes text garbage in Pia Carrot, Chip Chan should be 1024 to avoid graphics corruption) -mednafen scales viewable image to 6/5 ratio(based on screen grabs and buffer grabs), 19:14 seems to be the closest ratio i can find that would resemble how screen will look from a ntsc crt -retroarch scales by height-so we cannot get a perfect 288x224 px? -the skipping issue heard is probably because of RA needing a performance level 15 to run the core-meaning it need a lot from RA to run this core properly? (like the saturn core). standalone does not stutter as much, but i want to play in RA since my gpu does not work well in standalone mednafen(it suffers vertical scrolling issues-its not similar to vertical tearing) -anyway you know to adjust audio buffers? i know latency does add some -learning cpp/c is brutally fun, just dont remove the “//” notes guys :smiley: -Has anyone got to play Sakuragi Mode in zeroigar? i cannot seem to make it appear(it appeared just once on my menu) anymore-want to check out how worse is the graphics bug there.

What you’ve done has far exceeded my hopes. I was just hoping to play the Zeroigar translation, but between you and Tatsuya, you went and got everything working. Everything works great on my end.