UAE core for Retroarch

Try renaming the slave file to exactly game.slave without the capital S. It could be a case sensitivity issue.

That ain’t it. Happens with .adfs too. Honestly at a loss. :thinking:

Hey all. what are the regulations with posting rom files? I have generated a pack of hdf roms that all work straight out of the box with retroarch. Happy to share but don’t want to break any rules.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/welcome-to-libretro-forums/8

Anyway, maybe Internet Archive could be a good place?

Thanks, will look into it.

2 Likes

Unless you have the legal right to distribute them (either because you own the associated copyrights or they are distributed under a permissive license), we can’t recommend you distribute them and we certainly can’t give you any advice on how/where to do so.

We don’t promote, facilitate or otherwise encourage copyright infringement here.

1 Like

@squizzy: out of curiosity, are you using some sort of script to generate your hdfs?

Yes. I created a bash script to unpack, rename, resize, and repack with xdftool.

I had to figure out bash scripting on the fly and have no experience with this stuff, so it’s very much NOT elegant, but it worked so… :slight_smile:

Link to script

1 Like

I’m having problem getting the core to work on Android (Nvidia Shield TV). The kickstarts and whdload.hdf I use work with the Windows version of RetroArch, but when I try to run a game - adf or hdf - RetroArch just crashed. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Hi all, sorry for my bad english, if someone managed to start p-uae for emulationstation windows version, thanks to everyone.

If you have the right kickstart and whdload files it works fine on Windows.

it works perfectly thanks, it was wrong the kick.rom, I put the .uae configured in emulationstation / roms / amiga, I can launch the game directly from the interface. Last thing I did not understand if there is a tool that creates the .uae automatically.

I don’t know if there is such a tool. But you don’t actually need uae-files in the version though, you can load whdload hdf-files.

thanks anyway, if I put directly hdf does not work, you need to insert the directory where the hdf are inside the .uae.

Hi @squizzy I went thru your script, and run it on my system (I had to install additional dependencies). Nevertheless I’m a bit confused, you are correcting the data of there are *.slave files inside, and what if such files not exist? Is there a way to create them?

As is, there is no function that creates the slave files within that script, and I am not sure of how that might be accomplished (because I honestly don’t know what the .slave files contain, in terms of functionality within each .hdf.

For a [very brief] period of time I was investigating how to automate the process of converting the original disk images to whdload files, using an Amiga emulator, but I gave up on that pretty quick. Not to say that it wouldn’t be fairly straight forward- load the emulator, open the disk image, extract the necessary files (in particular, those only visible within the Amiga workbench), format the new image as hdf (with appropriate slave files), save to PC.

Sorry, I know that’s not very helpful with regards to your question :slight_smile:

@squizzy thanks for response in that matter. I went thru multiple different images and I notice as well that changing the *.slave to game.slave is not working with all games. I have checked the as well Ultimate Amiga, and notice, that there is some sore of configuration for uae, thre game have hdf and asf for save purpose. But till now I’m unable to reproduce this configuration on RetroArch. Nevertheless thanks for information!

Not sure I am following. I’ll admit that my knowledge of all of this is limited. I whipped together that script to help a friend, and it produced a decent set of games (see pm), but I didn’t spend too much time getting to know the Amiga fundamentals.

I’m just getting into RetroArch and for the most part I’m making progress as I go. One thing is baffling me though in relation to Amiga games.

I’m using RetroArch 64 on my Shield TV and also my Windows laptop. I have WHDLoad and the three kick roms in the system directory on both machines and they’re the same files. Curiously my hdf games that work fine on my Windows laptop don’t work at all on the Shield (or my GPD XD Plus for that matter i.e Android). I get the following error message: “please insert volume dh1 in any drive”.

Hey if it’s some limitation of the Android core then I can live with that. Could someone tell me if I’m doing something wrong?

FS-UAE much stable, updated today and very simple.