Ui

Regarding the Android version of RetroArch, are you guys just very inexperienced with UI? I downloaded the nightly and the look is extremely better, but the functionality is still the same. It’s terrible in my honest opinion, and it has been like that for quite some time too. Can’t even use a stock keyboard when there is a menu that requires numerical input. It’s infuriating.

Why not use the xmb driver? Works perfectly for me.

That’s not a nice first post.

Do you know the difference between an NDK app and a regular Android app? have you taken into consideration we have many many platforms and we have a common interface among them all? Do you know that using the stock keyboard on an NDK is not trivial (for certain, not impossible but it’s definitely not easy)

I dare you to find ONE native application that works on so many platforms an has a consistent UI on all of them.

[QUOTE=Radius;32839]That’s not a nice first post.

Do you know the difference between an NDK app and a regular Android app? have you taken into consideration we have many many platforms and we have a common interface among them all? Do you know that using the stock keyboard on an NDK is not trivial (for certain, not impossible but it’s definitely not easy)

I dare you to find ONE native application that works on so many platforms an has a consistent UI on all of them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I made an account just for the purpose of typing this down. “Do you know the difference between an NDK app and a regular Android?” -Not much really, just a little. I was expecting this to work. “have you taken into consideration we uave many many platforms and we have a common interface among them all?” -I have read the entire description and I know that RetroArch supports MANY platforms. >common interface May I ask why you choose to implement a common interface in all platforms? “Do you know that using the stock keyboard of an NDK is not trivial?” No. And no I’m not looking for a native application that works on many platforms and have a consistent UI. Too much work.

I take it you are one of the developers, since you say, “We” as in you and others working on RetroArch? If a native application is less functional in the UI aspect than regular Android app, then why choose to develop it as an NDK? Is it because it is a better option than developing a regular Android app? If so, I’d be happy to learn something new. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. RetroArch is literally downloadable in a public setting, people are gonna complain.

I will try that, thanks. Also, thank you for giving me a suggestion, rather than a development woe.

[QUOTE=Fruity;32874]Yep, I made an account just for the purpose of typing this down. “Do you know the difference between an NDK app and a regular Android?” -Not much really, just a little. I was expecting this to work. “have you taken into consideration we uave many many platforms and we have a common interface among them all?” -I have read the entire description and I know that RetroArch supports MANY platforms. >common interface May I ask why you choose to implement a common interface in all platforms? “Do you know that using the stock keyboard of an NDK is not trivial?” No. And no I’m not looking for a native application that works on many platforms and have a consistent UI. Too much work.

I take it you are one of the developers, since you say, “We” as in you and others working on RetroArch? If a native application is less functional in the UI aspect than regular Android app, then why choose to develop it as an NDK? Is it because it is a better option than developing a regular Android app? If so, I’d be happy to learn something new. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. RetroArch is literally downloadable in a public setting, people are gonna complain.[/QUOTE]

Mantaining different interface among platforms is way more work than mantaining one common interface. Of course people are gonna complain, and of course retroarch is not perfect but your complaint is not constructive, it’s just annoying.

[QUOTE=Radius;32879]Mantaining different interface among platforms is way more work than mantaining one common interface. Of course people are gonna complain, and of course retroarch is not perfect but your complaint is not constructive, it’s just annoying.[/QUOTE]

Are you a developer of RetroArch, yes or no? Calling my complaint annoying is pretty hypocritical of you as you gave nothing helpful yourself. You’re right that RetroArch is not perfect, but for Pete’s sake put some more effort into the functionality of the UI instead of making it prettier. I’ve been looking around the forums for a while before making an account, and it seems you’re a pretty toxic person.

Yes I am. It’s still annoying, you joined to say “hey this sucks”. Yeah I’m pretty blunt when people behave like you. Otherwise I do my best to help our end-users. Sorry you find the UI not pleasing, you may think all that’s been done is make it pretty but that’s just not true.

The xmb driver is the only one I use. I’m kinda bummed it didn’t replace rgui/glui as the default, it could have made RA much more accessible to users, but perhaps that’s why it was chosen… to force people to do their homework. The emulation scene overall could be a little more welcoming to new blood, as I often feel like I’m stuck in a twilight zone.