UME 2014 needs new core option

First, Sorry for my bad awful creepy ENGLISH! I use ume 2014 on android (is it unlicensed?) for run raiden 2 and pgm games. But it has A AWFULY slow speed. I know it is problem with android spec.(ex. Galaxy s3) So, ume 2014 needs new core option name speed hack for android and low-spec pc. It also encluded at mame4droid so it has no problem to add speedhack?

If you can find a diff we can take a look I guess.

Hmm… find a difference of between core(android/pc)? I can send you using core, or apk file. I will find a diff at pc/android core. Early Soon!

No a diff between the source of our version and that one

My Apk version is 1.0.0.3 2014-11-28 104mb. Core version is UME 2014 r33567. I think newest official version is… Official : 1.1? (PC) I think? Buildbot : stable - 1.0.0.2 Build - refresh everyday

My version is 1.0.0.3 11-28. What version is you are using?

MAme4droid is based on an older version of Mame which is lighter on resources I think. Try to use a Mame 2010 or older core in retroarch.

Or use fba core which is faster.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;20644]MAme4droid is based on an older version of Mame which is lighter on resources I think. Try to use a Mame 2010 or older core in retroarch.

Or use fba core which is faster.[/QUOTE]

I hope playing only for newer mame games ex. Bug princess,deathsmiles,raiden dx So i want ume and new core option

[QUOTE=vus7294;20645]I hope playing only for newer mame games ex. Bug princess,deathsmiles,raiden dx So i want ume and new core option[/QUOTE]

You’re not going to be able to play those games on a Galaxy S3, I’ve got that same phone. :slight_smile: The Cave emulation is one of the slowest in MAME.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;20651]You’re not going to be able to play those games on a Galaxy S3, I’ve got that same phone. :slight_smile: The Cave emulation is one of the slowest in MAME.[/QUOTE]

So i hope to add speed hack to little more normally playing those games. This option is already add at mame 0.78? So is it too hard to add optiob? I know sh3 or raiden2 emulation is too hard to android.

Not likely gonna happen

[QUOTE=vus7294;20706]So i hope to add speed hack to little more normally playing those games. This option is already add at mame 0.78? So is it too hard to add optiob? [/QUOTE]

It’s not “a speed hack”, it’s an older version of MAME which is a lot lighter on resources. As years went on, MAME went heavier and heavier to better emulate many systems. The MAME version which tries to keep things faster is FBA (kinda :stuck_out_tongue: ).

So it’s not just a speedhack but more of an emulator rewrite effort that would need to be made, something that is not up to retroarch team.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;20764]It’s not “a speed hack”, it’s an older version of MAME which is a lot lighter on resources. As years went on, MAME went heavier and heavier to better emulate many systems. The MAME version which tries to keep things faster is FBA (kinda :stuck_out_tongue: ).

So it’s not just a speedhack but more of an emulator rewrite effort that would need to be made, something that is not up to retroarch team.[/QUOTE]

I’m really sorry to hear that. Anyway. I understand its impossible to little more speed up. So ok. Just work cave games is sufficient.

Sorry to bump sunch an old thread. Where can i get UME 2014 core for android? Thanks!

Hey did u ever find that ume 2014 core for android?..I been looking for that core and can’t find it

raiden dx ,rtype series and many other games cannot be played with FBA 0.2.97.38 core is now playable with FBA 0.2.97.39 core

I don’t know what speed hack Mame4Droid has, but it works as intended. For example, Cyvern (one of the most demanding games in FBA) works perfectly in Mame4droid with Very Agressive hack activated, while in Retroarch with the FBA core (which is generally much faster than any mame) it runs choppy with stuttering video and audio.

What kind of magic does that speed hack do? I want it in Retroarch as well :smiley:

Mame4droid also plays chds at a good speeds for alot of games…reason also that I’m looking for ume core or mess core for android is due to the boot to bios optionso for android hyperspin…some mess systems need boot to bios enabled but it screws up other systems …if I had the mess android core I can keep them separated with different settings