Unable to emulate Playstation titles

I’ve found that Retroarch works perfectly for my NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, and Sege Genesis titles, but I can’t get Playstation games to work properly. Firstly, they don’t get added to my library when I run a scan (though I hear that’s because there’s no complete database for Playstion games yet. Is this correct?). But more importantly, when I run them with “Load Content” I get the following error:

What little I’ve been able to find on this topic indicates that I need a Playstation BIOS to continue. So I went to a BIOS download page I found online:

Which one of these files do I download? Where do I put the unzipped file(s) after I download the archive?

They go in the “System” folder. Or you can put them wherever and just tell RA where they’re located in the Directories settings.

Please don’t link to ROM sites.

Just get the whole pack and put them in your system/bios folder (if it’s not set, you can choose a directory in settings > directories). Then, load the core (but not any content yet) and go down to information > core information and see if it’s finding your BIOS images properly. If not, you may have to rename some of them to match the proper naming scheme.

[QUOTE=hunterk;35102]Please don’t link to ROM sites.

Just get the whole pack and put them in your system/bios folder (if it’s not set, you can choose a directory in settings > directories). Then, load the core (but not any content yet) and go down to information > core information and see if it’s finding your BIOS images properly. If not, you may have to rename some of them to match the proper naming scheme.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry. I’ve removed the links.

If I do have to rename any of the files, where do I find information on this “proper naming scheme”?

The core info has a list of all of the ones it’s looking for, along with their proper names.

I wasn’t able to find the file SCPH5501.BIN, but after reading around I found someone who said that the file SCPH-7003.BIN is the same as SCPH5501.BIN. So I renamed the former to the latter, and checked the md5sum against the one listed in Retroarch, and they are indeed identical. My game is emulating perfectly!

Many thanks!

Glad you got it going :slight_smile: