Unable To Load PS1 Games From Playlist

I am using Retroarch v1.5.0 and I am unable to load PS1 games from the playlist. Anytime I try to load any PS1 game from the created playlist the menu just goes away for a second like it is trying to load the game then brings me back to the Retroarch menu. If I load the games manually they work fine, so I know i have everything set up properly to run the games in Retroarch, and the ISOs are good. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect it is an issue with the playlist itself. Can you delete it and then re-scan? If the problem continues, could you open it with a text editor and paste one of the sections here?

A log of you attempting and failing to open one from the playlist would also be helpful.

Here is my playlist.

F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped\Crash Bandicoot 3.cue Crash Bandicoot - Warped (USA) F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\RetroArch\cores\mednafen_pcfx_libretro.dll Beetle PC-FX 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Lunar Silver Star Story Complete\CD 1\Lunar Silver Star Story Complete CD1.cue Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1) F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\RetroArch\cores\mednafen_pcfx_libretro.dll Beetle PC-FX 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Lunar Silver Star Story Complete\CD 2\Lunar Silver Star Story Complete CD2.cue Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Tales of Destiny II (Tales of Eternia)\CD 1\Tales of Destiny II Disc 1.cue Tales of Destiny II (USA) (Disc 1) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Tales of Destiny II (Tales of Eternia)\CD 2\KAL-TD2B.CUE Tales of Destiny II (USA) (Disc 2) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Tales of Destiny II (Tales of Eternia)\CD 3\Tales_of_destiny_NTSC_Disc3.cue Tales of Destiny II (USA) (Disc 3) DETECT DETECT 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\Sony\PS1\ePSXe202-1\isos\Wheel of Fortune - 2nd Edition\Wheel of Fortune - 2nd Edition.cue Wheel of Fortune - 2nd Edition (USA) F:\Jason’s Folder\Emulation\RetroArch\cores\mednafen_pcfx_libretro.dll Beetle PC-FX 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation.lpl

That’s your issue^^.

It’s trying to load PS1 games with a PC-FX emulator. You’ll need to delete the playlist and then assign the beetle-psx core to it instead of beetle-pcfx.

Settings tab --> Playlists, set the default core for PS1 there (as well for other cores). You’ll never have this problem by accident again.

Thank you very much for all your help. It fixed my problem. I guess I misread the menu when I was setting up the PSX core and didn’t realize it. I intended to pick the Beetle PSX core and accidentally picked the PC-FX core by mistake LOL.