Unable to perform Sub-Zero's slide in MAME core using Zero Delay USB

Hello. I’m running RetroArch 1.76 on Windows 10, using two Zero Delay USB Encoders with Happ buttons and joysticks. In standalone MAME, I have no issue, but in any MAME core, Sub-Zero’s slide simply does not work. I’m 100% certain of the control layout (I’m familiar with Block/Block 2, which does not work with simultaneous “attack” buttons in any version of MAME, IIRC) and how to do the move (back + low punch + block + low kick at the same time) as I’ve been playing MK since 1992. Strangely enough, I can do Sub-Zero’s head rip fatality in MK4 no problem, which also has a 4+ button combination. I should mention that I also have RetroARch 1.76 on my Nvidia Shield, and this issue does not occur over there, using the standard Shield controller. Thanks for any help.

Edit: just a minor follow-up - using an Xbox One X controller on the same Windows machine does work - it’s only with the Zero Delay USB Encoder where it doesn’t work.

Edit: one more follow-up - in Settings > Input > User 1 Binds, both of my Zero Delay Encoders appear as “Retrolink N64 Controller (#1)/(#2)” I have a feeling this may be the root cause…I downloaded used “Update Joypad Profiles” but that didn’t change anything.

Update - I was able to fix it! I checked out the cfg files in RetroArch/autoconfig/dinput (the Zero Delay USB encoders use Direct Input), and checked out the Hardware ID in the Windows Device Manager. The Vendor ID is 0079, which is 121 in hexadecimal, and that’s what the Retrolink N64 cfg file uses too. I deleted that cfg file and now my controllers show up as Dragon Rise Generic USB controllers now instead of Retrolink N64. Now all the moves work perfectly, and the button mapping makes much more sense in all of the menus too.

1 Like