Unable to reuse wireless controller after turning it off/on

Hi,

I’m running Retroarch on my android box using wireless xbox 360 controllers. Now it seems that whenever I turn off the controller (e.g. when changing batteries), it no longer works during the same Retroarch session. Instead, I need to fully close Retroarch and restart it again. Anyone knows how my controller can be picked up again within the same session, allowing me to continue playing?

Not sure if this is a general thing or related to my setup: Odroid C2 with Android 6.0.1

I think this is specific to Android, in general, if I recall correctly.

Basically, it initially sees the controller as Controller 0 upon the initial pairing. After the disconnect/reconnect, it then pairs as Controller 1 (new ID), since 0 was already assigned previously. Since all your controller mappings are (probably) set up for Controller 0, you’re then stuck when it repairs as Controller 1.

I don’t recall if this is an underlying Android issue or just a side-effect of how they are doing things with RetroArch.

I’ve run into this same issue on the Shield TV in the past… primarily if I walk away from the system for too long and the controller goes to sleep.