Unable to see contents of folders on Nvidia Android TV (running Marshmallow)

Ever since I’ve upgraded my Nvidia Android to version 3 of the system software (i.e. to Marshmallow) I’ve not been able to see the contents of the rom folders. This is the case both with the 1Tb adopted storage and an external SD Card (which worked fine previously). The odd thing is that I can navigate the folder easily enough but Retroarch just doesn’t see the contents. All the filename extensions are fine and they can be seen by other file managers and Emulators.

Anyone have any ideas?

Check the app permissions square in the bottom row of the apps list in settings to see if RetroArch is enabled for the storage permission. This issue would also apply to Mupen64Plus AE.

If that doesn’t fix it,then having 2 different external storages can cause the new OTA 3.0 issue where they can’t be used simultaneously,so only one can be used at a time.

Thanks, I did check the app permissions and they look fine. Also, I did try using the adopted storage without the SD card and still no joy sadly :frowning:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5059

Thanks, I’ve taken a look at that but it doesn’t seem to quite describe my issue. I can see the folders, must not the contents. I can also write to the contents of the adopted storage via FTP and other apps can use it. What is odd, is that if I add content in Retroarch, it can see the files and the relevant core can see the files when selecting from the content menu…it’s just I can’t manually select a file when I’ve manually selected a core!

Go to settings and select the option menu file browser and turn off the filter, or you can use select file and detect core too in the load content option.

Weird stuff, I’m no the latest update in my Shield TV (PRO) and it’s working alright, haven’t had to change a thing. Did you download cores? Without cores it doesn’t find any files (the supported extensions are defined by the cores)

D’oh! That did it, thanks!! I’m slightly puzzled why though as I had installed (and re-installed) several times and have had never had to change it before with the same ROM set! However, it works and I’m happy!