Unbind and mapping problems xbox 360 controller

I have an XBOX 360 controller I’ve purchased to get into RetroArch.

There is a default bindings that work very well, but I’m playing a racing game that doesn’t allow me to remap controls in the game.

When remapping the controller in retroarch, it does not forget the original binding. So If I wanted to switch the brake and the gas, retroarch applies the new binding, but keeps the old one too. In the game, I’ll want to accelerate, but the game thinks I’m pressing the gas and the brake at the same time.

I’ve saved the configuration and opened it in notepad ++ but I cannot see any of the original binding still remaining. I’m feeling confused and frustrated.

I wish I was able to unbind the keys in retroarch.

Are you using the “controls” menu from the ‘quick menu’ that comes up when you have a game running? If not, that’s what you should use rather than using the settings > input menu and config overrides.

If you are using the controls menu, check to make sure you don’t have 2 core buttons assigned to the same retropad button, which is what it sounds like may be happening.

The game doesn’t allow button changes that I desire. So in retroarch I am using the input user 1 binds, and it’s causing me these double mapping problems.

PSCX ReARMed Touge Max G.

I’m just using the interface in retroarch to adjust the button mappings. Maybe I’m using the wrong lingo?

Thanks <3 . I went with that core as it was the only one that immediately worked with my games.