Unreadable text

If there is a new version available and the PPA maintainers keep updating the repository, yes.

Personally I had bad experiences using PPA and Snap(especially because I use a second HDD to store my roms and use a unique thumbs folder for Windows and Linux). Flatpak works fine, almost never give me any headache, it’s easy to update and everything I need to mess up with the configs are inside the same folder /~/.var.

1 Like

Thanks-

At this point I’m waiting for help as what to do because the appimage, snap pkg, Linux Mint pkg, and flatpac gives me a API of unreadable text.

Sorry, I didn’t get exactly what’s your problem. You cant see any text?

Affirmative. I can’t see any text to be able to select anything in the Menu. See the screenshot:

When pressing F5, can you see the desktop menu?

1 Like

Yes, when I press F5 the desktop menu comes up. Thanks McCloud!

Okay. Now go into VIEW and then SETTINGS. Click on Drivers and you will find something like this.

Take a print, please.

Ok, went to View> Settings–

Try to change the video option from gl to glcore(just like my screenshot) and restart RA

That went well!

Thanks McCloud!

Now try the Online Updater?

Yay, one problem fixed.

Did you already installed some cores? Try to go into Load Core > Download a core

If my memory isn’t tricking me, when using the PPA, you need to install the cores using the terminal. But I can’t assure that.

If that’s was true, was another reason who made me change for flatpak.

1 Like

No, I have not installed any cores. I tried Load Core> Download a core and it said fetching core list.

Not sure if things are as they should be. This is new to me.

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/download-cores/

Yep, was like I thought. When using the PPA, you need to install cores via terminal… This is a pain…

If you take a suggestion, I really recommend that you try to remove the PPA install, remove the repo and then try to install via flatpak. By using the flatpak, you will be able to use the core downloader and update with no problems.

It will make things REALLY easier for you.

1 Like

that hasn’t been the case for a while, actually, we just haven’t updated the doc. There are cores in the PPA but by default it uses the Online Updater.

I use (and maintain) the PPA myself.

Oh, I didn’t aware of that. I left Mint/Ubuntu since 2019.

I can take the suggestion no problem.

However hunterk and alexb3d are helping me in another thread with the PPA.

I’m thinking I should let them know I’d like to proceed with your suggestion and remove the PPA and try the flatpac.

Don’t want to frustrate my help. I’ll wait a few minutes and think on this before I do anything.

go for it. Whatever gets it working for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, my friend. The good thing about Linux is that you have a lot of options and possibilities to make things works for you.

You just need to measure what is the best and easier for your needs. Glad to help!!

1 Like

Ok, the PPA has been removed.

Should I install the flatpac from the Linux Mint Software MGR? Or elsewhere?