Updated to 1.16.0, Wallpaper doesn't show anymore in XMB

I updated Retroarch to 1.16.0 and ever since then the Wallpaper function in the XMB style menu doesn’t function anymore, the background was just black. I also tried it with a fresh config and tried both .jpg and .png files and no dice, the wallpaper just doesn’t show. My OS is Windows, can anyone tell me what’s going on here?

3 Likes

Works fine here when the “Color Theme” is set to “Background Image”, formerly known as “Plain”. Previously it was a bit of a mess regarding when the theme applied and when the wallpaper applied, since they both applied in some cases, which is not good.

I didn’t even realize there was a 1.16. I think the news page isn’t updated any more… but thanks for mentioning this.

edit Ah… looks like it isn’t a stable version yet.

Ah thanks for the heads-up! Previously it was possible to mix and match a color-theme and a wallpaper so I never set the Color Theme accordingly, now that I did it the Wallpaper shows again and I could even add the Ribbon Shader to it.

1 Like

Oh yeah I just grab the latest Nightly whenever I feel: “Hmm I haven’t updated RA in a while”. Now I just have to figure out why my custom background-music doesn’t work anymore but I’ll make a new topic for that if I run into more trouble.