Updated to 1.3.2 Now Everything is Broken

Hey. I’ve had issues with getting MSX2 ROMs to load properly on RA (up until version 1.3) so when I saw a new release I jumped at the update. Now, nothing seems to work properly. There is no option to load a file and detect a core. I have to separately load the core and then load a ROM. As no emu was working I loaded up a core (fMSX in this case) and went to the information screen. It says there’s no information available for the core. I’ve tried others. Same result.

Also, I loaded up a couple of RDB files through RA to check entries. In the case of MSX there are two for MSX2’s. One, labelled MSX2, loads up fine and shows all entries. There is a second labelled MSX 2 (notice the space). When I load that one RA just hangs and I have to hit ESC to close the program.

I have updated the cores, assest, databases et al. I’m now out of ideas.

Sounds like RetroArch can’t find the .info files.

Look for Settings -> Directory -> Core Info Dir and see if they are present there.

Cool, thanks. Seems that updating RA reset the directories to their default (that RA doesn’t seem to recognise…) even though I kept my original cfg file. Is that normal behaviour?

If I was using nightlies / stables I would just copy the exe… These “stables” are pointles if you have a working setup imho.

Yeah, I will from now on. It’s ironic that the ‘stable’ release was the very one that broke my set up… :stuck_out_tongue:

Still don’t understand why my directory choices would be reset. I can’t see any logic in it and if it’s a bug it’s not very nice! Come to think of it, I don’t really understand the directory set up at all. On a fresh install, when one looks at the Directory menu one would assume that the Cores directory path that’s shown is set up to be the one in the RA folder. Seems like RA doesn’t read it that way. I had to manually point it to the Cores directory in my RA folder. It’s really not the most intuitive set up - especially for noobs like me!

I’m sorry that this happened to you. Similar things have happened to me because RetroArch is always in heavy development and value is placed on development technology more than user-friendly stability and configuration backwards-compatibility, etc., but that’s why I have my backup version that will always work if I just want to play games and my current build is broken in some way. Hopefully you can get something like that set up for yourself. :slight_smile:

The “stable” versions are pretty much just nightlies chosen when everything seems to work for the various devs, but there aren’t enough technical testers and devs to truly say whether everything is stable. The project just needs more good devs overall. It’s extremely ambitious.

[QUOTE=Hot Violet;35839]Yeah, I will from now on. It’s ironic that the ‘stable’ release was the very one that broke my set up… :stuck_out_tongue:

Still don’t understand why my directory choices would be reset. I can’t see any logic in it and if it’s a bug it’s not very nice! Come to think of it, I don’t really understand the directory set up at all. On a fresh install, when one looks at the Directory menu one would assume that the Cores directory path that’s shown is set up to be the one in the RA folder. Seems like RA doesn’t read it that way. I had to manually point it to the Cores directory in my RA folder. It’s really not the most intuitive set up - especially for noobs like me![/QUOTE]

Hmm I find this issue very interesting, the only thing broken is that the info file dir was not set, so if you copied your config it should have worked just fine. Gonna push a fixed bundle later

If it was in fact using the original cfg nothing should be affected. The info files issue was there but everything else is in good working order from my own testing