Updates to Swanstation

Yeah I don’t want that. I still like to see savestate notifications and such.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know if a Beetle PSX core dev/maintainer has been reading this thread or it’s just a coincidence but the ability to hide Beetle PSX-specific OSD messages (while still retaining other notifications) has apparently just been added.

1 Like

What is the point in using Duckstation, what it does that hasn’t already been done in PCSX ReARMed or Beetle PSX? I loaded the stadalone Duckstation in Android, switched to 2x res or something, Geom Correction and has many graphical issues in Metal Gear Solid. Yes it looks great like a PC game with correction but is unplayable, can’t pass some areas, the player is stuck unless you switch off geom correction.

2 Likes

In the end, it also looks weird. Like adding a chassi and another pair of tires to a bicycle and saying “look! It’s a car!”.

1 Like

I actually made a feature request on the github issues page and DarthMew was kind enough to implement OSD message hiding!

Something I found out when trying to use DualShock as my core default controller on a game that doesn’t support analog like Crash 1 in Beetle. Even with Analog Toggle enabled, after closing and restarting RetroArch the controller inputs don’t work. There’s an issue open about it that it doesn’t maintain digital mode after restarting here. So it’s still easiest to use the standard controller as your core default and only create game remaps that set it to DualShock for games that support analog. SwanStation starts with the DualShock in digital mode unless you enable the force analog core option. I guess that’s better for games that support rumble, but not analog, like Little Ralph.

1 Like