Using a Mac trackpad as the NDS touchscreen (Desmume)?

Is there any way to use the trackpad as the touch screen in Desmume? Obviously we couldn’t see the screen on the trackpad, so it COULD be difficult in some games (Some mini games of SM64DS, for example), but it would DEFINITELY be WORTH IT in some games (Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Slam Basketball, etc) I know the Macs trackpad is capable of it, because Apple itself allows users to sign e-mails using it, and there are even third-party programs that let users use the trackpad for drawing (like Inklet) It would be a really good feature Maybe it could even be implemented for Win8-10 users with a ‘precise’ trackpad (That’s how Microsoft calls the trackpads that are compatible with gestures, meaning the OS itself recognizes the fingers on the trackpad instead of a trackpad that recognizes fingers itself and only send common mouse input), although I don’t know if there is a way to implement it under Windows. Either way I’m interested in having the feature on OS X

Edit: I’ve been using Desmume and I noticed it actually overrides the OS settings for the trackpad. I mean, if I enable “tap to click” on OS X, Desmume doesn’t recognize that click, instead, I’d have to press the trackpad (as it is default on OS X).