Using an interlaced resolution (CRT_emudriver)

Hi,

Recently built a computer with the modded ATI drivers known as CRT emudriver so that I could play games on my 15khz TV. 240p@60hz works great with RetroArch; however, when I try to set the rez to 480i@30hz (manually via the cfg files), RA doesn’t seem to accept this as an acceptable monitor resolution. I know libretro doesn’t exactly support the use of CRT displays, but I thought I’d ask anyway…is there a way?

You shouldn’t have to tell retroarch to use anything specific. Just have your driver output the right rez and run RA in non-windowed fullscreen.

Yeah, my windowed fullscreen is already set to false. It seems that RA changes my display refresh to 60hz no matter what I choose.

So what’s happening? Is it forcing 240@60 anyway? Or is it bleeding off the screen at 480@60? Something else?

Yeah, I mean, I’m not sure what bleeding off the screen means, but it’s definitely trying to do 480@60hz–which my 15khz display doesn’t support. So this ends up looking all messed up like the screen is split in two.

Which OS are you running? Apparently CRT Emudriver & Win 7 has some issues with interlaced modes whereas XP doesn’t.

Win 8.1. I’d heard that also, but I thought since the desktop displays correctly and so do other applications (IE, VLC), that it would be on RetroArch’s end.