Using Bluetooth Ipega in Windows

I have Retroarch in my Android smartphone and it does recognize an Ipega 9028 without any problems, it also works without any pre configuration, but I can’t seem to make it work under windows. Seems that the controller is recognized as a keyboard input device, any ideas?

If it shows up as a keyboard, you should be able to go into settings > input > Player 1 input binds (you may need to change it from ‘retropad’ to ‘retrokeyboard’) and assign buttons manually.

As you’ve experienced, the automapping is driver-specific, so Android and Windows don’t share those files.

I just tried that, I don’t have a retrokeyboard option under settings/input, the only available are, retropad and retroarch w/analog. Do I have to change something under driver/input driver or gamepad driver?

I have an ipega 9025 controller and I sync mine to my windows tablet in gamepad mode. Once it synced with the tablet it functions as a dinput gamepad. Theres no automapping for it but I set it up just fine. Analog sticks work too. I am using windows 10 and it did work under windows 8.1 as well. Don’t know about windows 7 though.

Thanks for your replies, Jrock, you mention you sync it in gamepad mode, what key are you using, I tried X and B.

I use x+home.

OK, so I’m paired using X+Home, do I have to put the drivers for gamepad in Dinput under Retroarch, right? And then I can map my buttons normally?

Yes and yes.

I tried that, and to make sure I was making everything right I deleted the config files to start fresh, it didn’t work, this gamepad is working with every standalone emulator I put in this Win 8.1 tablet, but for some odd reason it’s not working. Do you think if you send me your 9025 config file, could make mine be recognized so I can edit it if needed?

That’s weird… under input my input driver is dinput but my joypad driver is xinput… well anyway here is the config. Just erase the .txt extension to use it.