Using real system controllers

So, I’ve searched on here, and on the internet for a little over a month so I decided i would just ask here.

I bought all of the actual system controllers and their usb converter. The converters work, I can play a sega game with my sega controller in the stand alone emulator, but I have no clue which buttons go to which input symbols. I have managed to figure some out, the simple ones like nes and snes, but It is taking a while to do it trial by error. Is ther any documentation on what each input button in the config repesents a button on a real controller?

Example of what I am looking for.

SNES ------ A = input_player1_b_axis B = input_player1_y_axis Sega ------ A = input_player1_y_axis B = input_player1_a_axis

Note that these aren’t real examples I’m just trying to figure out what input player button goes to which buttons on the real consoles. (Sorry for explaining it so many times just trying to be clear.)

My goal is to create a c# program that shows a picture of the real controller and you can click on button on the gui, then press a button on the controller to assign it like epsxe does. I also am trying to learn some c/c++ so I can try and edit retroarch to detect what usb converter I plug in, and change to the corresponding configuration file. Plug in my snes adapter and bam, it is snes mode.

Thank you for any and all help.

Thank you for any and all help.

Haven’t finished nor updated this in a long time but here is the idea http://blog.andressm.org/retroarch-game … iguration/

Everything is mapped to a retropad, which acts as sort of an intermediary controller.

Also you don’t need to program, you can use autoconfig files to configure controllers upon plugin them