Using Wiimote motionplus with RA iOS

Hi there,

I have tried to use RA with a wiimote (with motionplus) with no luck. I already use it with other emus for iOS and it works without problems. I already have btstack installed.

If I set btstack to btstack and set RA to use it, it’s able to connect to the wiimote (the player 1 indicator led is on) but when I try to configure the buttons it simply doesn´t work. I heard that wiimotes with motion plus don’t work with RA (currently the version I’m using is 1.0.0.2 and iOS 7.1.1) but I want to be sure that it really doesn’t work and if not currently supported, if the support for motionplus wiiimotes will be available un the coming releases.

Thanks!!

In the RGUI input settings menu, did you try setting the device to Wii Remote mode?

Yes I did it and it didn’t work. Do you have a workiing wimote motionplus in RA for IOS?? If so the I think I have a chance of make it work with soem tweaking. I repeat that I heard that the motionplus wiimotes are not supported so I’m looking to know if this is true.

THANKS

So… does anybody knows if the next version of RA 1.0.0.4 in IOS will be supporting the Wiimotes with motionplus? OR maybe it is already supported and I missing something in my config. Thanks

Hey I figured out how to use a wiimote with built-in motionplus with RA, I found a hint in a old comment of the Libreto main page. If anyone interested these are the steps to make it work using IOS 7 (jailbreak) and RA 1.0.0.2 as it seems that normally RA just support the standard wiimote + classic controller:

1. You need a wiimote with built-in motion plus + a classic controller plugged in
  2. You need the latest versoin of btstack installed
  3. You need RA 1.0.0.2 (not sure if a previous version also works but that the one I used)
  4. You need to set btstack in the iOS settings to btstack.
  5. Within the frontend options in RA set the Bluetooth Input Type to btstack
  6. The bluetooh icon in iOS should be gray, pres the 1 + 2 buttons in the wiimote until the icon turns black.
  7. Within RA input options, set it to SixAxis/Dualshock3 (yes!, it is not wiimote + classic as it won’t work)
  8. Finally get into Configure All (Retropad) to set all the button at your taste
  9. Enjoy you working wiimote controller in RA :slight_smile:

Hope it helps someone else.