VBA Next Core Broken

Hi, I just wanted to let people know that the VBA Next core is broken and has been broken for at least a few months in case it wasn’t known.

Here’s my output, taken with the 05-09-2015 nightly build with up to date cores (x64 build):

D:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Retroarch Nightly>retroarch.exe -L “D:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Retroarch Nightly\cores\vba_next_libretro.dll” “D:\Hyperspin\Games\Nintendo Game Boy Advance\game (USA).gba” RetroArch [WARN] :: config_load_core_specific :: Core-specific config not found, reusing last config. RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 - will use that instead of XRGB1555. RetroArch [WARN] :: patch_content :: Did not find a valid content patch. RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: GameID in ROM is: A2FE RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: RTC = 0. RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: flashSize = 65536. RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: cpuSaveType = 0. RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: mirroringEnable = 0.

At this point, Retroarch crashes. This happens regardless of what game is being loaded.

I’m using VBAM core instead in the meantime.

Hmm. Works fine here. Win64.

I’m having the same issue but only when trying to load games out of a zip file. Uncompressed games work fine.

Same issue here but not always happened. Once, it started crashing everytime and I had to delete retroarch.cfg and the core vba_next.cfg too to make it work again. Also it crashes everytime for iOS with the latest nightly versions. The same vba_next version works fine on iOS 1.0.0.2 and previous nightly version but in the latest version it crashes. I guess that RetroArch received an update in something that affected this core as the others cores seems unaffected.

What’s the best way to report this as we are not sure if it’s RetroArch or Vba_Next? As a notice, the good old vba_next version that comes with 1.0.0.2 also crashed in latest RetroArch nighties.

Make an issue at the vba-next github repo if it’s not affecting other cores.

OK, Even if the same core version was working fine in previous RetroArch nightly versions and 1.0.0.2?

Yeah, be sure to include that in your issue, as well as a log of the crash.

Ok, I know how to get the log from the windows version… how I can get that one from the iOS version? When I set the error log to any value (info, warning, error) I never get anything :frowning: