Vibration on Keypress for On-Screen Display Controls?

Is it feasible to implement haptic/vibration feedback on Android devices when using the on-screen gamepad for controls, so that a vibration would be triggered on activation of an input/pressing of a button? It would greatly assist with muscle memory and knowing that you have triggered a button press without having to explicitly focus on exactly where your finger is on the screen.

This is especially useful for if I want to play games on RetroArch when I don’t have a controller with me, since it makes on-screen controls much more usable. As it currently is, I often decide to use a different emulator which has implemented vibration on button press when I don’t have a controller with me.

Since phones are also different in their vibration motor strength, it would also be great if there was an option to adjust how long the vibration motor vibrates in milliseconds per button press to change the apparent strength of the vibrations, so that users can calibrate the feel of the haptics to their own preferences.

The last topic for this feature was posted in 2013, and I know that there are a lot of different systems to optimize RetroArch for, and that in the past, Android hasn’t been a particular focus. But given the menu improvements that RetroArch for Android has received over the past few years, I was wondering if this feature would be feasible now, since it does making using the on-screen controls much more functional and enjoyable.

There is already a bounty for this feature but no news yet:

You guys could help by making the bounty bigger.