Vic=20 Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Robotron2084, etc etc

Hello,I am an old Vic20 owner and, thanks to Retroarch’s Vice core, I managed to run almost all the games dearest to me … almost …in fact I would need your help because the games mentioned above I could not understand how to set the core to run them. I have tried downloading these games in various formats:.20, .crt, or some had 2 files inside the zip but nothing to do …can you tell me how to run these games? [edited to remove rule violation] I wait for your answer Thank you Adolfo

Vic20 cartridges need to be loaded in the right memory area; check here, it’s for ES but explains the concept well. Vic was my first computer and I remember loading tricky saved (machine language monitor) cartridges in RAM and the using the famous custom made switch and reset button :wink:

forgive me but I don’t understand anything … could you give me an example with a game? take for example this Dig Dug. I have 3 versions 1 - Dig Dug. 20 2 - Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] .crt 3 - Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] [multipart] .crt
Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [A000] [multipart] .crt you choose the simplest one to start, I use retrobat as a front-end but I also like it from the command line I await your response Thank you

Try this (from another forum) inside Vice emulator

File -> Attach Cartridge Image -> Add To Generic

Then pick the memory location you want to attach to ($20, $40, $60, $A0)

Generally the filenames will have the memory location at the end, so you know which memory address to use. In the case of Pole Position you might see:

Pole Position-6000.prg Pole Position-A000.prg

So attach the first image to $60, the second image to $A0 and then soft reset the emulator to boot.

For command line:

-cart2 Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] [multipart].crt -cartA Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [A000] [multipart] .crt

You need the argument cartX, where X = 2, 4, 6, A, specifies the memory block to attach it to.

Hello, thank you for the answer first … I tried what I suggested with the Vice emulator and it works, but I’m interested in running it with retroarch / retrobat, did you manage to make it work? I tried but without success … when you have time you can try to check if it works for you? Thank you

This multipart hassle has been automatic for a while, and recently with no-intro-style naming too.

But looks like nothing is ever finished, if there are more naming conventions to add…

As in these will work no matter which file is used for launching, zipped or separately:

• “-a000.prg”
  • “$A000 (x).a0”

But this “[A000] [multipart]” style will not. Is it that common that it needs to be added?