Vic=20 Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Robotron2084, etc etc

Hello,I am an old Vic20 owner and, thanks to Retroarch’s Vice core, I managed to run almost all the games dearest to me … almost …in fact I would need your help because the games mentioned above I could not understand how to set the core to run them. I have tried downloading these games in various formats:.20, .crt, or some had 2 files inside the zip but nothing to do …can you tell me how to run these games? [edited to remove rule violation] I wait for your answer Thank you Adolfo

Vic20 cartridges need to be loaded in the right memory area; check here, it’s for ES but explains the concept well. Vic was my first computer and I remember loading tricky saved (machine language monitor) cartridges in RAM and the using the famous custom made switch and reset button :wink:

forgive me but I don’t understand anything … could you give me an example with a game? take for example this Dig Dug. I have 3 versions 1 - Dig Dug. 20 2 - Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] .crt 3 - Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] [multipart] .crt
Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [A000] [multipart] .crt you choose the simplest one to start, I use retrobat as a front-end but I also like it from the command line I await your response Thank you

Try this (from another forum) inside Vice emulator

File -> Attach Cartridge Image -> Add To Generic

Then pick the memory location you want to attach to ($20, $40, $60, $A0)

Generally the filenames will have the memory location at the end, so you know which memory address to use. In the case of Pole Position you might see:

Pole Position-6000.prg Pole Position-A000.prg

So attach the first image to $60, the second image to $A0 and then soft reset the emulator to boot.

For command line:

-cart2 Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [2000] [multipart].crt -cartA Dig Dug (1983) (Atari) (NTSC) [A000] [multipart] .crt

You need the argument cartX, where X = 2, 4, 6, A, specifies the memory block to attach it to.

Hello, thank you for the answer first … I tried what I suggested with the Vice emulator and it works, but I’m interested in running it with retroarch / retrobat, did you manage to make it work? I tried but without success … when you have time you can try to check if it works for you? Thank you