Video Recording Issue - No Audio

I’m in quite a bind here, I am using the stable 1.3.4 release of retroarch and I have a problem recording video. The video will record fine but it doesn’t record audio, how do I get it to record the audio as well because I’ve seen on multiple places that it records lossless in x264 with flac audio.

I tried a lot of different settings and haven’t found a solution yet. I am using the gui. If I am doing anything wrong please help, I’ve heard people say to use command line for recording but I don’t know how to access the command line interface.

If anyone has a fix for recording in the gui please tell, if not atleast help me in finding the command line interface.

Thanks everyone for reading.

I haven’t done any video dumping in a long time but I think most of this is still valid:

Pay special attention to the section about ‘lossy and configurable recording’ as that will allow you to specify different codecs, etc.

Thanks for the reply but I’ve already read that page multiple times, and I’ve even made my own configuration file where I specified both the video codec and the audio codec, and it still didn’t work.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this situation? I could really use the help.

It may be easier for you to just record using OBS.

Yeah I’ve been using dxtory as an alternative, I just liked the idea of recording gameplay in its original resolution.

You need a compatible build of ffmpeg. Zeranoe’s website has these. That is where to start.