Vita 3.60 - RetroArch - VBA Next core Wario Twisted crash

Going back into my archive of old gba games, I went ahead and tried to play Wario Twisted on RetroArch using VBA Next core version 1.0.2 (I also have the gba.bios included) to run it. The game ran extremely well up until during the second cutscene with Spitz and Dribble. As the cutscene plays out, the game crashes after the characters says " I haven’t been in space for a while…Hey! A customer! ".

The error code that is displayed reads " (C2-12828-1) Saved Core File Succeeded. ux0: data/psp2core-1492888140-0x00000b2355-vba_next_libretro.self.psp2dmp ".

Here are my specs: PS Vita Model #pch-1001 Firmware: 3.60 Henkaku version 8 Storage space: 4GB

Is there a setting that I need to disable or enable to correct this issue or is there another solution.

Many thanks, Kenny

Eureka! I seem to have fixed the issue (some what…). Keep in mind that I am playing this game using the “VBA Next” core along with the gba_bios file. The tilt function cannot work without the bios and “VBA Next” core combination. Place the gba_bios in the ux0:data/retroarch directory to work.

1. play the game on mgba and pass Spitz and Dribble story.
  2. transfer the save file in the ux0:data/mGBA directory to pc using ftp (filezila).
  3. rename save file from .sav to .srm
  4. delete the original .srm save file that exists in the ux0:data/retroarch/savefiles directory.
  5. transfer the renamed save file to the ux0:data/retroarch/savefiles directory from pc using ftp (filezila).
  6. play the game.

Note: The ending cutscene of Spitz and Dribbles story still causes the emulator to crash.

I will be sure to post any other problems with this title here when they occur. Hope this helps.