Vitaquake2 Mission Packs

Is it possible to play Q2 mission packs with Vitaquake2 somehow? I wasn’t able to find anything in the docs pages, and there looks like there’s reference to the mission packs in the github repository, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to make it work.

I haven’t set up the Quake 2 mission packs myself because vitaQuake2 has too many issues but i did setup the Quake 1 ones and the folder structure should be the same as the regular, standalone games.

In Quake 2, the main campaign .PAK file is in the “baseq2” folder, the expansions should be in “xatrix” and “rogue” folders. You then run the .PAK files within those folders to play the expansions.

If that doesn’t help, you may need to invoke the expansion’s start map using the in-game console. The command is map (name of map).

Of course make sure you are running the expansion’s PAK.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go. I did notice that the screen was very dark, and I couldn’t find a way to increase the brightness

There’s a config.cfg file in the folders after the first launch. There should be some commands in there that handle brightness and other graphical options.

Thanks, I was able to fix the brightness by adding the gl_modulate setting to the cfg and setting it to “4.0”. This page helped with what some of those values do.