Voicemeeter causing slowdown - Flycast

Running into an issue on my laptop where Flycast slows down whenever my default audio device is set to Voicemeeter output. Is there a fix for this? If I change my default audio device to something else, it runs perfectly fine. However, getting rid of Voicemeeter isn’t a solution. I want to quickly switch between my headphones and my speakers and Voicemeeter is the only program I could find that can do that with a pres of a button.

AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics 4.1GHz 16GB RAM AMD Radeon™ Graphics (specs sheet doesn’t tell me which one) Windows 11 22H2

Try this instead.

It should be much lighter on resources and lets you define hotkeys for devices.

Unfortunately it doesn’t switch when I have Retroarch open. It still plays through my headphones or whatever device is set to the default when Retroarch is booted up.

1 Like

Yeah I was worried about that. You can’t even manually switch between audio devices on the fly while RA is running.

I think audio sync has a lot to do with performance, so Retroarch takes control.

Alternatively you could try using stereo mix to output to both devices at the same time.