Vulkan - Not sound with fullscreen

Hello,

I can’t get sound out using vulkan rendering with the wasapi or xaudio audio engine on a windows 10 LTSC or windows 10 Pro 1909 on an intel NUC NUC7CJYH2 and any core. I use 1920x1080@60hz resolution on the Windows desktop.

If I configure retroarch with vulkan, full screen, when I start any rom with any core, I don’t get sound, the image goes perfect. If I configure retroarch to start as window and I load a rom if I have sound. If I start retroarch in full screen with render GL or GLCORE the sound works perfectly.

I’ve tried it on several TVs to rule out any incident on them. Same mistake in all of them. I changed the HDMI cable for a 2.0 cable with the same result.

I have no idea where to scratch to fix it. Do you have any idea?

Greetings!

Hi,

Did you try with dsound audio driver ?

I tried it with dsound with the same result, if I start in full screen there is no sound and if I start with window I have sound. I tried all audio engines. All with the same result. I have also installed the openal runtimes before testing the openal engine. I played with the sound buffer, ranging from 32ms to 64ms and 128ms. I also changed from 48000hz to 44800hz without success.

Did you maybe bind the mute hotkey to the same key as the fullscreen toggle key? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, fresh install. Also, note that the same settings in full screen and gl or glcore render works correctly.

I have a similar issue concerning using Vulkan as my video driver/output. I wonder if you found a solution.