Vulkan not working

Vulkan não esta funcionando no MX3-G e o mesmo mostra que tem suporte ao Vulkan, uso o Android 5.1.1, e quando seleciono o Vulkan e fecho o retroarch quando vou abrir o retroarch 1.3.6 novamente ele não carrega o retroarch, para carregar o retroarch novamente preciso deletar o retroarch.cfg e refazer todas as configurações do retroarch.

O lutro também não está funcionando, faço todo o procedimento descrito no site mas quando vai carregar os jogos ele fecha o retroarch voltando ao menu do Android.

Vulkan not working in the MX3-G and it shows that it has support Vulkan, use the Android 5.1.1, and when I select the Vulkan and closing the retroarch when I open the retroarch 1.3.6 again it does not load the retroarch to load again need retroarch delete the retroarch.cfg and redo all retroarch settings.

The lutro also is not working, do all the procedure described on the website but when will carry the games he closes the retroarch back to the Android menu.

I’m having the same issue, Vulkan is indeed supported by the Tegra K1 processor, but the program crashes when I change to the driver. I really hope I don’t have to update to that horrid Marshmallow with even worse performance.

"What Vulkan brings to the table on Android Vulkan has been tested to run on Android devices that support Vulkan, like Shield Tablet/Console. Latency has always been very bad on Android in the past. With Vulkan, frame times are significantly lower than with OpenGL, and we no longer have to leave Threaded Video enabled by default. Instead, we can turn off Threaded Video and letting RetroArch monitor the refresh rate dynamically, which is the more desirable solution since it allows for less jittery screen updates.

Audio latency can also be driven down significantly now with Vulkan. The current default is 128ms, with Vulkan we can drive it down to 64 or even 32ms.

Couple this with the aforementioned swapchain images support and there are multiple ways to drive latency down on Android now."

Well, according to the blog, it should work, but the caveat is that it’s only for Marshmallow. Who was the idiot developer that made that a 6.x.x exclusive?

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;42836]I’m having the same issue, Vulkan is indeed supported by the Tegra K1 processor, but the program crashes when I change to the driver. I really hope I don’t have to update to that horrid Marshmallow with even worse performance.

"What Vulkan brings to the table on Android Vulkan has been tested to run on Android devices that support Vulkan, like Shield Tablet/Console. Latency has always been very bad on Android in the past. With Vulkan, frame times are significantly lower than with OpenGL, and we no longer have to leave Threaded Video enabled by default. Instead, we can turn off Threaded Video and letting RetroArch monitor the refresh rate dynamically, which is the more desirable solution since it allows for less jittery screen updates.

Audio latency can also be driven down significantly now with Vulkan. The current default is 128ms, with Vulkan we can drive it down to 64 or even 32ms.

Couple this with the aforementioned swapchain images support and there are multiple ways to drive latency down on Android now."

Well, according to the blog, it should work, but the caveat is that it’s only for Marshmallow. Who was the idiot developer that made that a 6.x.x exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Bom saber que não sou o único com este problema, eu testava antes o retroarch no nintendo wii, agora que comprei o mx3-g basicamente mesma coisa que o nvidia shild so que com 2gb de ram que é mais que suficiente para rodar retroarch.

Eu não entendo até hoje temos um processador quad core 2.00 ghz e não conseguimos rodar decentemente pelo Mame Killer Instinte 1 e 2 e MK2 e MK3, é lamentável mesmo qualquer pc celeron emula eles perfeitamente.

O Lutro está funcionando ai pra ti? aqui baixei tudo certo e quando vou carregar o jogo do Lutro ele fecha o retroarch e volta para o menu do Android.

Good to know I’m not the only one with this problem, I was testing before the retroarch the Nintendo Wii now that bought basically mx3-g same as nvidia shild so that with 2gb ram which is more than enough to run retroarch.

I do not understand to this day have a quad core processor 2.00 GHz and can not run decently by Mame Killer Instinte 1 and 2 and MK2 and MK3, it is unfortunate indeed any PC celeron emulates them perfectly.

The lutro is working there for you? here I downloaded everything right and when I load the game lutro it closes the retroarch and back to the Android menu.

My RA crash too when changed to vulkan,but there’s no need to delete retroarch.cfg Open retroarch.cfg with txt editor app and find video_driver = “vulkan” line,change “vulkan” to “gl” ,save the cfg,will save your time. :slight_smile: Sorry for my English.

[QUOTE=hohommx;42875]My RA crash too when changed to vulkan,but there’s no need to delete retroarch.cfg Open retroarch.cfg with txt editor app and find video_driver = “vulkan” line,change “vulkan” to “gl” ,save the cfg,will save your time. :slight_smile: Sorry for my English. [/QUOTE]

Turns out Vulkan is for Marshmallow only >.<

Plead the main Android devs to try and fix the entry Marshmallow issues and open the door to a quick 6.x update addressing said issues. Could it be device specific OTAs causing some of the issues while others are unaffected?

For those already having slowdown on Marshmallow… Despite Shield TV being an unfair comparison,I don’t seem to be having performance issues on my end (not even less upon fast-forwarding),still good speeds on latest 1.3.6/Snes9x core update decked out with 5xBR HLSL at 5x with rewind,any ideas what SNES game I should test for performance issues? Did you try turning threaded video on/off and does it NOT drop frames when on?

How about all other settings for the UI and background,is the animated one enabled? If so,try turning off the animation and using a blank background with or without transparency/opacity.

[QUOTE=retroben;42896]Plead the main Android devs to try and fix the entry Marshmallow issues and open the door to a quick 6.x update addressing said issues. Could it be device specific OTAs causing some of the issues while others are unaffected?

For those already having slowdown on Marshmallow… Despite Shield TV being an unfair comparison,I don’t seem to be having performance issues on my end (not even less upon fast-forwarding),still good speeds on latest 1.3.6/Snes9x core update decked out with 5xBR HLSL at 5x with rewind,any ideas what SNES game I should test for performance issues? Did you try turning threaded video on/off and does it NOT drop frames when on?

How about all other settings for the UI and background,is the animated one enabled? If so,try turning off the animation and using a blank background with or without transparency/opacity.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t Vulkan run on Marshmallow though? For RA? I read on the blog that the API was supposed to help with speed and even allow threaded video to be disabled, and much lower audio latency. I had thought about updating via OTA to Marshmallow, but given all the horror stories I keep hearing, screw that. Screw Android 6.x.x, I’ll keep my Shield at full performance when I use RA, at least I won’t get crackling audio. Speaking of which, one would think a K1 processor would be able to handle it without having to resort to max performance, c’est la vie I guess.

Well,I am on the “Max Performance” profile because Shield TV is a plugged-in device anyway. Regardless of conditions,on fast-forwarding I get crackled audio for the duration,I honestly wished this wasn’t happening,but what can I even do about it?

The audio on the normal Mupen core is still quite bad with how scratchy Mario’s voice is not to mention Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie shudders voice sounds,hard to understand when RA’s audio driver is open sl. Maybe the core’s internal default for sample rate is a really weak 22Khz instead of 44Khz or there’s some kind of filtering issue.

[QUOTE=retroben;42903]Well,I am on the “Max Performance” profile because Shield TV is a plugged-in device anyway. Regardless of conditions,on fast-forwarding I get crackled audio for the duration,I honestly wished this wasn’t happening,but what can I even do about it?

The audio on the normal Mupen core is still quite bad with how scratchy Mario’s voice is not to mention Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie shudders voice sounds,hard to understand when RA’s audio driver is open sl. Maybe the core’s internal default for sample rate is a really weak 22Khz instead of 44Khz or there’s some kind of filtering issue.[/QUOTE]

Have you used the build bot versions of Mupen standalone? http://www.paulscode.com/source/Mupen64Plus-AE/AutoBuilds/

These work far better than Mupen does in RA, no offense intended; I have a similar issue with RA and Snes9x if I don’t use max performance on my K1 tablet, games like Star Fox run pretty bad and have a lot of crackling audio. “Oh I don’t have that issue on my end with default settings” they all say, but clearly, it’s not cut and dry, but I digress. So you’ve been trying out the Vulkan drivers and it still doesn’t help much? I’ll stay on Lollipop, to hell with Marshmallow, there’s nothing really compelling to update if performance isn’t going to improve.

Eu precisava de uma opinião : o meu MX3-G tem 2.00 ghz , 2 gb ram que o retroarch mostra 1.5gb creio que seja pelo android 5.1.1, ele veio com root e governador hotplug: 92mhz - 1.99ghz, ai eu marco governador interative: 600mhz - 1608mhz , será que este é o ideal pois eu noto que com o hotplug marcado os jogos correm mas de tempos em tempos parece que da um micro lag, lembrando que o meu aparelho fica ligado direto na tomada sem uso de bateria, gostaria de saber se está é a forma ideal ou teria uma forma de deixar ele mais rápido.

I needed an opinion: my MX3-G is 2:00 ghz 2 gb ram that retroarch shows 1.5gb think it’s the android 5.1.1, it came with root and hotplug governor: 92MHz - 1.99ghz, then I March governor interative: 600MHz - 1608mhz, is that this is ideal because I notice that with hotplug scheduled games run but from time to time it seems that of a micro lag, remembering that my device is connected directly into the socket without battery use, I wonder if this is the ideal way or have a way to get it faster.

My bad,audio is only bad with N64 because the resample driver was nearest,and changing it to sinc or CC fixed it. But I don’t want to lose the crisp audio heard in the Genesis,SNES,etc. cores,this would be simple if the Mupen core had its own resampler option from the audio component like the seperate audio latency/buffer size option.

I tried the bsnes accuracy just because,so I could compare between gl and vulkan. In case of incorrectness,is this core vulkan-capable? The results show that running on the vulkan driver has slightly faster speed than gl,both without rewind or shaders enabled,overall it runs at half speed because the highly demanding use of accuracy. Yes I know even thinking about the bsnes accuracy core is a waste of time unless you are on the king of beasts.

[QUOTE=retroben;42967]My bad,audio is only bad with N64 because the resample driver was nearest,and changing it to sinc or CC fixed it. But I don’t want to lose the crisp audio heard in the Genesis,SNES,etc. cores,this would be simple if the Mupen core had its own resampler option from the audio component like the seperate audio latency/buffer size option.

I tried the bsnes accuracy just because,so I could compare between gl and vulkan. In case of incorrectness,is this core vulkan-capable? The results show that running on the vulkan driver has slightly faster speed than gl,both without rewind or shaders enabled,overall it runs at half speed because the highly demanding use of accuracy. Yes I know even thinking about the bsnes accuracy core is a waste of time unless you are on the king of beasts.[/QUOTE]

King of beasts, like the X1 processor?

[QUOTE=nintendonerd1889;43007]I don’t think there’s really any benefit of running Bsnes/Higan on Android over regular Snes9x 1.53 anyway, as Bsnes only really affects what, three or four total games that use a dot-based render as opposed to a scaline-based render or something to that effect? Most people aren’t gonna even tell much of a difference, Snes9x is still fairly accurate AFAIK. Unless someone was using Bsnes for debugging purposes.[/QUOTE]

Somente com o Bsnes tu vai rodar os jogos Msu-1, jogos de snes modificados com áudio e vídeos de cd, o mesmo roda com o everdrive SD2SNES eu possuo um sd2snes mas tenho curiosidade em poder rodar pelo mx3-g.

Only with bsnes you will run the Msu-1, snes games modified áudio and vídeo CD, it rotates with the SD2SNES Everdrive I own a sd2snes but I like to be able to run the mx3-g.