Weird Controller Issue and GoldenEye- N64 Issues

Hi all,

I am trying to use RA1.6 and I am running into a weird issue with the n64 controller setup. It is using the “B” input as “A” and then the “A” input does nothing. I looked up the most current layout I could find and it didnt seem to solve the issue. This works fine in 1.3.6. I am using the Parallel core with the parallel video renderer and vulkan backend. I cant seem to get goldeneye to display properly. Am I missing something or is it just working yet? Also how come the parallel renderer looks like original gfx as opposed to glide. Should I be using shader packs? If so where are they to get them. Is there a guide somewhere that I missed? Thanks!!

There were some changes to the core’s input layout recently. If you have any core remaps, delete them if they were made more than a few weeks ago.

ParaLLEl renderer is LLE, so it’s confined to native resolution (that is, 320x240). If you want fancy upscaling, etc. you’ll need to use the OpenGL renderer, which has the familiar Glide, GLN64, etc. gfx plugins. You can indeed use shaders to improve the look of the Vulkan renderer, and you can get them from the online updater. They’re the “slang” shaders.

What about goldneye using vulkan driver and parallel renderer. I get half the screen garbled and then the image is smashed in the top 2/3rds.

I know that happens with interlaced content currently. I’m not sure if the intro is interlaced but I would assume so. Once you get into the game, it should be okay, though.

hmmmm…ok ill try and see whats up

I am having this same problem. Please help.

Did you find a solution to the controller mapping problem you have?

Yes I switched to the bliss box and that solved all my problems. If you don’t want to do that you can actually load the game in the core and hit f1 for the core options and go to controller and see what is mapped where and then you will know how to and what more specifically to map the buttons to.

Took a moment but worked eventually. Not sure if all the C buttons work correctly but so far the A and B buttons are properly working. Thanks for the information.