What about "System" Overrides?

I use HyperSpin/RocketLauncher to play games via RetroArch.

Back in the “per core config” era this meant that I’d rename those core-specific cfg files to their corresponding systems name. So a core that uses multiple systems would each have their own set of settings.

For example, GenesisGX’s core handles Game Gear, Genesis, and Master System.

so i’d have 3 of the GenesisGXcore.cfg files each named

Sega Game Gear.cfg Sega Genesis.cfg Sega Master System.cfg

This would allow me to have seperate control schemes for each system, as well as shaders.

So my question is… using this new override system, is there any way in which to do this sort of thing?

On your command line invocations for each system’s romset plop in an --appendconfig “[configfile]” to the command.

So if you’re firing up snes with -L “cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll” [filename]

Change it to -L “cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll” --appendconfig “Super_Nintendo.cfg” [filename]

Whatever config values you put in that config file take priority.

I can still load different configs (for different shaders) with RocketLauncher like i did in the past.

I’d like to add to my previous post. If you use --appendconfig, only adjust the options you need to deviate away from your base config. No need to mirror the whole file.

I don’t use RL but I think this is the way it handles launching config files. I’m sure I have seen that in a RL log before. That is the reason you had/have to rename you retroarch per core config. Because RL launches with the appendconfig command. Although this may well have changed

But if it isn’t saving a different configuration per core anymore, how do I get … well… configurations for each core?

Doh that’s a good point :slight_smile:

If you still have the save new config option, that will create a per core config which you can rename for RL

You should really ask over RL how they are handling overrides

Hey guys, i’m having this problem with retroarch (per CORE not per SYSTEM) in raspberry pi3 (uses emulation station). Any ideo to make this here? :frowning: