What audio driver actually used?

I see a lot of audio file in a folder. But there is no sound when I press a button of joystick .I wonder what audio driver Retroarch actually use, and where to set in source code.

I’m using a new hardware based on ARM, a embeded Linux system, which suport asla. It dosen’t work when I choose alsa in the Interface of Retroarch.

I noticed that sond driver seems enabled alsa and sdl2 in the retroarch.mk file.

The other guy portinged a emulator called pcsx_rearmed on my sdk. It works very well, because the sound driver was specified to alsa in pcsx_rearmed.mk., not libretro it used to be.

I wonder what driver libretro used? And dose the audio driver question in libretro and retroarch are same.

libretro cores don’t have audio of their own, they just pass the samples to the frontend for playback. RetroArch should use whichever driver you’ve selected in the menu, in settings > driver.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, The audio driver uses alsa. It is the problem of SDK , something was wrong with audio sync

1 Like

Thanks a lot, The audio driver uses alsa. It is the problem of SDK , something was wrong with audio sync