What can I run on Galaxy A3?

I’m looking about for Phones and my work trainee has a Samsung Galaxy A3.

What you guys think I can run as a test on his one?

Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 8916 Quad-core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit

That should run most cores just fine.

Well that is good news.

I will say that my phone (with a Snapdragon 801, which should be more powerful than the 410) has some trouble with some of the more demanding systems like N64 and Dreamcast. I see some framerate drops that I don’t have on my tablet (Shield Tablet K1). They are mostly playable on the 801 but the 410 might struggle. I would say PSX is likely going to be your tipping point.

Thanks, n64 is tempromental anyway so expected that.

You use reicast app for Dreamcast? Didn’t think there was and android core yet but not checked in recently.

Also any experience with the PSP core?

[QUOTE=Thatman84;49085]Thanks, n64 is tempromental anyway so expected that.

You use reicast app for Dreamcast? Didn’t think there was and android core yet but not checked in recently.

Also any experience with the PSP core?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry, talking about emulation in general. I was using the separate reicast app.

I haven’t tried the PSP core in a while, but I had some issues when I did. I’m not sure if that was due to emulator incompatibility or speed of the device though.

On my Galaxy S2 (dual core 1,2) i used to run a few Dreamcast games pretty good, generally full speed (Rival Schools and Capcom Vs SNK 2). In terms of Retroarch cores, 90% of FBA arcade games (including CPS3), Snes, Genesis and PSX should run full speed on A3 with a little tweaking (rooting is highly recommended).

PPPSSPP should run decent with frameskip and native psp resolution settings (use the standalone as the core is a bit slower).

[QUOTE=RaduNastase;49110]On my Galaxy S2 (dual core 1,2) i used to run a few Dreamcast games pretty good, generally full speed (Rival Schools and Capcom Vs SNK 2). In terms of Retroarch cores, 90% of FBA arcade games (including CPS3), Snes, Genesis and PSX should run full speed on A3 with a little tweaking (rooting is highly recommended).

PPPSSPP should run decent with frameskip and native psp resolution settings (use the standalone as the core is a bit slower).[/QUOTE]

thank you this helps loads

you’re welcome