What is fastest input mode in Linux?

Hello. Thanks for reading my topic.

Retroarch settings in controller and input allow select some mode in Linux. What is the more fast input controller mode in Linux ? X , SDL2 , UDEV or Linuxraw ? X is related with X11 xorg ?

I don’t think X can ever works for controllers. It’s for mice.

As for the others, there’s no difference in speed. Udev is usually the most direct way to access controllers, but sometimes SDL2 can be more compatible. Just use udev, unless you have some weird controller that has better support with SDL2.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that here are happening an extreme issue with PS4 DS4. Not delay, but in some moments the used button or analog direction is holded even not holding. You press to down and cursor or player move to down. You need press other direction and after again down. If that issue happen with buttons need press again the same button. Here are being used input =x and controller = udev. I have done udev permissions for PS4 DS4 controller. Not problems in controller. That issue happen in other emulators too.

Not is as being an issue related with Retroarch and something in OS. Thus I had created that topic to see if using an more faster option can fix it.