What is the purpose of databases and cursors?

I’ve searched everywhere I could think of and couldn’t find any answers to my question. So, what use does it serve other than list me all the games of that platform? Or is it just that? :smiley:

They’re not totally finished yet, but when they are, you’ll be able to sort and search through ROM collections (as long as you have a set that matches the available databases; we favor No Intro) by name, publisher, genre, etc. and attach various other metadata, including cover art and so on.

This is especially important for Lakka, which currently dumps all content for all cores into the same bucket, IIRC.

[QUOTE=hunterk;22561]They’re not totally finished yet, but when they are, you’ll be able to sort and search through ROM collections (as long as you have a set that matches the available databases; we favor No Intro) by name, publisher, genre, etc. and attach various other metadata, including cover art and so on.

This is especially important for Lakka, which currently dumps all content for all cores into the same bucket, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I see, thank you.