What will happen if i clear my data?

Because i have some cores that dont work well i have to clear my data and start over again :frowning:

But what happens if i backup my core specific config files, clear my data an place my config back? Will they work ? will they screw everything up?

They should work fine. You shouldn’t need to clear out the cores, though, unless you just don’t like looking at them in the list. You can go to settings > playlists and change the core associated with a given playlist.

Except that doesn’t work if you’ve already tried using a different core. Once you’ve played a game with one core, it writes that into the playlist which then overrides whatever you have it set to in the playlist settings. The only way I’ve found to be able to test a game with different cores without constantly editing the playlist is to set the core entries back to “DETECT” and then set the whole playlist to read-only to prevent RA from writing to it.

When selecting a game in the menu, there really should be a “choose default core” option that will allow you to change whatever core has been written into the playlist file without having to edit it manually.