What xinput controller has the best D-Pad? Dual Shock 4?

I currently use a wired 360 controller paired with a iBuffalo “SNES” pad. I would love to have a single controller with analog controls that has a d-pad worth using. Dual Shock 4 with DS4Windows?

Also, is the Dual Shock 4 running wireless suitable for retro games or is the input lag to high? Whenever i google i get lots of people talking about lag, lots of people talking about no lag, and people saying it has more lag in wired mode…

just fix the xbox dpad with paper and it would be he best overall game controller. i still have mine for the longest time already. guide for the fix should now be all around youtube and such

It’s hard to answer, because there is no perfect answer, as much of it is up to personal preference. For example, I would say the D-pads on all Sony controllers are total garbage because I don’t feel they are actually pads at all, but 4 buttons.

What other controllers have D-pads you like?

Best d-pad ever IMO would be Saturn 6-button. SNES is great. The iBuffalo pad is pretty good. Sony’s are so-so but MILES ahead of the 360 (Never used the DS4 pad). I guess it’s personal. But there has to be at least some consensus, no? 360 pad is horrific i think most will agree hehe. What about that wireless Logitech xinput controller?

I am really getting sick of wires and i heard the DS4 is pretty good all round. Also heard that the touch pad can be used for DS games. I am just trying to figure out if there is any lag before i buy one. I can live Retroarch’s lag but i dont want to add another frame to it! hehe.

Easy answer:

http://www.hori.jp/us/Products/XBOX360/us_xbox360_horipad_ex2_turbo/image/01.jpg

Its d-pad is almost as good as the ones in the Saturn, 6btn MD or NeoGeoCD pads (I had them all).

And It suits all consoles for emulation (except, of course, the ones with a numpad)

Cool. i will definitely look into it! Thanks.

EDIT: Hmm only one on ebay.ca and its over 200 bucks used lol… :confused:

If you want a wireless solution, I recommend testing the Xbox One gamepad, especially since the newest model can be paired over bluetooth, and they fixed the d-pad.

• Dual Shock 4 (motion control for Cemu)
  • Xbox One (native xinput, bluetooth on newest model)
  • Logitech F710 (usually cheaper)

The new Hori models also have a great d-pad, but they are all wired:

(great for Saturn and Mega Drive/Genesis games, this one has a PS3/4 version as well, without native xinput)

(with analog sticks, 4 front buttons)

Does the Xbone controller still only work on Win10? What is the name of that last one? EDIT: NM http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HORI-HORIPAD-for-Xbox-One-Officially-Licensed-Controller-/282508747262?hash=item41c6d561fe:g:rYsAAOSwlY1ZM6VB :slight_smile: