What's N64 controller "Left Top" button?

Hello,

I have a Retrolink N64 USB controller that I’d like to configure (the original mapping is incomplete).

The official wiki for the N64 controller presents a mapping (for the Z trigger) called “Left Top”: see https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration#nintendo-64

The problem is that when I issue a “retroarch-joyconfig -a”, a bunch of buttons are presented to be defined but none called “Left Top”. There is D-Pad, the usual A, B, X, Y, then L/R (aka “Shoulder” I recall), L2/R2, L3/R3 (one of them called “Thumb?”) and finally Right Analog U-D-L-R and Left Analog U-D-L-R… But no “Left Top” button.

Could someone tell me what this “Left Top” button corresponds to?

Thanks for reading :wink:

[QUOTE=mougino;31137]Hello,

I have a Retrolink N64 USB controller that I’d like to configure (the original mapping is incomplete).

The official wiki for the N64 controller presents a mapping (for the Z trigger) called “Left Top”: see https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration#nintendo-64

The problem is that when I issue a “retroarch-joyconfig -a”, a bunch of buttons are presented to be defined but none called “Left Top”. There is D-Pad, the usual A, B, X, Y, then L/R (aka “Shoulder” I recall), L2/R2, L3/R3 (one of them called “Thumb?”) and finally Right Analog U-D-L-R and Left Analog U-D-L-R… But no “Left Top” button.

Could someone tell me what this “Left Top” button corresponds to?

Thanks for reading ;)[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to configure this controller in a raspberry pi? If so, I think the emulator has a already defined set of buttons that correspond to the buttons on a Playstation controller. So, I guess the mapping for the Z button in a N64 controller matches the left top button on a PSX controller. So when you run “retroarch-joyconfig -a” I think you should press the Z button in you controller when it prompts for the L2 button. Heppy Gaming!!

Hello, No I’m not using a raspberry pi, I am on a PC.

Hi, I’m not on RaspBerry Pi, I’m on PC, but thanks for the answer, L2 it is :slight_smile: