Where is download for build that works for WinXP?

I downloaded so many versions its pathetic !!! i have retroarch on android and this one works great but for winxp its impossible to find working versions, stupid problems with kernel32 or some codec56 whatever, many people are still using WinXP so it would be VERY WISE to have at least one link to working version easily available , it just doesnt work on winxp and i can only imagine how many peoples wanted to give retroarch a shot but couldnt even run it because of missing files!!! THats seriously big f** up by guy who manages all the downloads, come on seriously!!!"???Im super angry cause i spent a lot of time searching for working winxp build and nothing !!! How could you do this to yourself? ITs suicide, if people cant run it they will discourage others!!! Saving fing diskspace because of missing a couple dlls? While other almost exac same build versions spam your server space ?!?! Just amazing thinking !!! Please upload at least one fcking build that works on winxp somewhere seriously. here, this fing vesion should work on winxp but it doesnt cause was compiled for fing vista hated by many people , why ?!!? whats the f**ing reason if retroarch is mostly text menus!!?!?!? Adanced text menus that wont work on xp ??!!?!? http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/win-x86/ Whre is winxp build that works from the start.

You could try to report issues like a person instead of being a freaking idiot. You’d be surprised it actually works.

Alright, 2blackbar. I understand your concern. I agree that it’s unfortunate that poor Windows XP users who still haven’t been told the benefits of newer system software don’t have a way to run RetroArch easily. RetroArch is fun software, so it would be nice if everyone could enjoy it. I completely agree with you.

The RetroArch team doesn’t use Windows XP very much, if at all, so they have no convenient way to test it themselves. They depend on users like you to help them figure things out. Also, Windows XP support is not a priority with the existence of more popular operating system software, so please be aware that a certain level of patience is required as a Windows XP user.

Now that you know that, please calm down and report exactly what happens when you attempt to run the linked build on your Windows XP machine. Please write concisely with a high level of detail.

Edit: I’ve just heard from the project’s current main RetroArch developer that he is interested in supporting Windows XP fully and that he has XP on one of his Windows machines. He doesn’t believe in planned obsolescence. I’m sure your report will be valuable to the project, 2blackbar.

Get the Beta, worked for me when i was getting those errors in XP.

just grab the redist file it was just updated

Got these 3 files Unpacked all cores to core folder and only 3 cores are available, why ? Got these erors as well but retroarch runs, just doesnt see cores If i wont unpack cores achiuve then no cores are visible at all, if i unpack cores archive then i ave gameboy n64 and scumm core

image tags ae fucked up whats happening ?! “:” is being replaced by some icon. Are you guys serious ? no complaints about winxp besides mine were reported? wow. It said some stuff about kernel32 i googled it and its cause stable build was compiled with libaries for vista, also i was missing dlls in newest builds. Anyway it works now (besides invisible cores) but i still dont like that thereis NO INFO that i have to get redist file as well, would be worth to mention it in readme.txt Or just create blank file in winx86 repo and name it “download cores,retroach and redist archives” or whatever else to let people know.

the downloader doesn’t work in win32 yet. download the latest folder? 2015_03_01 only contains the new cores since the last build.

You are penalized, because you’re rude I guess that’s why you can’t post images

yeah thats fine, retroarch is great but the way how files are managed is quite bad Heres info about stable build error, kernel32 thing http://i.imgur.com/9JBcpWu.jpg

IF this would be up to me i would change download section on libretro website, leave only links to working and tested builds for all platforms, then putup link to repository under everthing so people who want latest builds can get them, right now its quite scary for people to browse all the versions and filenames iwthout knowing differences and they still wont work if for example redist is not downloaded.

oh FUCK mapping keyboard in windows is terrivble, it disables buttons immediately and nothing works besides directional keypad on right.Is this a joke ? Can you keep default x and z inb menus and use whatever i map ingame? Thats so dumb i cant move and had to remove default.cfg like 10 times already and still no success mapping keyboard, should it be retrokeyboard and set to none or retropad? So simple thing so fucking confusing, never ever had so much problem mapping fucking keyboard, 5 years old should be able to do it. Im clueless, i have no fucking idea how to remap keyboard on windows, i feel like retard, thanks.When i map new buttons then they suddenly stop fucking work, even tho they perfectly woked cause i just mapped them !!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

You won’t get support for stable it’s almost a year old. It’s nice that it isn’t up to you. I don’t mean to be rude but you’re Just not putting your brain into it.

Keyboard mapping works perfect you’re Just doing it wrong. In bind. Mode you need to change to keyboard And then bind whatever you want to the kega you want.

It’s impossible to understand you since you’re always cussing.

i change it to retrokeyboard and map everything and then none of the mapped buttons work in menu i cant run any game, its in latest release.

the menu and game buttons are the same (as in RetroPad) so you must be doing it wrong. B button/A button are used for menu navigation, if you made B/A control/alt then you need to use control/alt instead of Z/X. It doesn’t really cover the keyboard but if you read it you should be able to get the info you need to configure it.