Where is PS3 retroarch and what about multiuser support?

Hello, I would like to ask when the PS3 version of RA will be available again?

And are there any plans to add multiuser support? I play on retroachievements and does a member of my family but old version store only one configuration file that keeps retroachievements login details. Therefore before each start we must manually replace configuration file.

Are there a chance that multiuser support will be added in the nearest feature?

We don’t have any plans to add that, no. I would personally recommend having separate (portable) installations for each player, and you can even go to settings > directory to let them share necessary directories.

PS3 version will arrive whenever we can get an acceptable build via PSL1ght, which is in the works, just progressing very slowly.

3 Likes

How can i get seperate portable installations? Very interested as it wpuld solve a lot of my problems here.

Oh, are you using it on a PS3? I guess I could have inferred that from the other PS3-related question… If so, sorry, I don’t think that’s doable there (or on other consoles).

Just in case if someone else has similiar situation. Solution that worked for me is to have each user’s configuration file on mobile and replace them when needed via FTP on mobile. Using different skin for each user is also a good idea.

1 Like

“…PS3 version will arrive whenever we can get an acceptable build via PSL1ght, which is in the works, just progressing very slowly.”

Ohh man please make this happen !! PS3 is not dead , in fact plenty of user around the globe still use it.

I have a PS5 that i barely touch because of this damn liquid metal potential leak threat im always on my PS3 Retroarch like plenty of owners. waiting for good saturn core for it (either Yabasanshiro or Mednafen or Bizhawk [Use a modified Mednafen core]

I have been able to boot/start Saturn ENEMY ZERO (a legendary retro classic from the makers [W.A.R.P] of “D” on PSX/Saturn) but sadly as soon you pass the 1st door to get in the Hallway the screen get black , still able to move and heard my footstep but everything is blacked out.

I heard on reddit that someone have found a way to play it using Bizhawk.

Hope someone on the PS3 or Retroarch (for PS3) Scene could do a little miracle about it. its such a tremendous masterpiece game for its time with a very good story.

Please hunterk , give us somes great PS3 news soon…

I wish you a very nice holidays