Where is the config file for the dosbox core?

i tried playing duke nukem 3d using dosbox on the latest nightly build ,and it goes quite slow,so i’d liek to amp up the cycles,but i need to modify the dosbox.conf file.where does retroarch stores it on android?

anyone? :\

You can change the cycles in core options directly.

found it,but the settings are all “coarse,coarse,fine or finer”,which doesn’t really help much.standard (pc) dosbox works in away that the more cycles you put,the more (usually)fast the emulation goes.here,whatever i try to increase,it actually makes the emulation slower :\

Increasing the cycle rate doesn’t make it faster, it makes it emulate a faster system. It should work, but don’t use the highest setting, just use the coarse setting, setting cycles too high will result int dosbox taking too long to return a frame causing slowdown.

This core really needs a lot of love, I added some stuff like those options and joystick support but it still needs a lot of work.

I use 20000 cycles for tyrian on my system and it works fine.

[QUOTE=Radius;22774]Increasing the cycle rate doesn’t make it faster, it makes it emulate a faster system. It should work, but don’t use the highest setting, just use the coarse setting, setting cycles too high will result int dosbox taking too long to return a frame causing slowdown.

This core really needs a lot of love, I added some stuff like those options and joystick support but it still needs a lot of work.

I use 20000 cycles for tyrian on my system and it works fine.[/QUOTE]

heh yeah i’d like it to receive some love :stuck_out_tongue: so 20000 cycles means 20000 in coarse or coarser?

i tried only heretic so far and its a bit slow with the core setting i used so far

coarse, 20000 means 20000, coarser is 100000, 200000, etc

so just coarse 20000 should be enough?(thus setting everything else to 0?)

They add up, so it is coarser + coarse + fine + finer

ok but how much do i have to increase to the other ones more or less?

…anyone? :\

It depends on your game and your device…

Trial and error

I forget which setting it is exactly. But it maxes out at 9000. Thats the only setting i play with in the core options and it works well to speed things up. I think it set it at around 5000 for most games.

anybody can tell me where i can find the dosbox-SVN.conf? i try to raise the memory size

where do you find the dosbox.conf on a firetv stick? it must be hidden somewhere. can i create a now path to my own .conf?