Which Iphone is enough for PSX, N64, and eventually Saturn to run flawlessly?

I know it’s early to guess on Saturn. But those are the “newest” consoles I want to emulate on a small phone with snap on controller. The rest of the systems I own and collect for. I just want to make sure I get a phone that runs those at full speed. I currently have Ipod Touch 5th gen but when I purchase an unlocked phone at some point in the future, I want that to be the last one I’ll ever need to buy to emulate.

Well… is your device jailbroken?

PSX and N64 both run acceptably on A5 devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod touch 5th gen), but I did notice that N64 has the occasional hiccup and slowdown which is noticeable enough to affect gameplay experience.

A6 devices (iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen) seem to be the lowest requirement to run both platforms at full speed. N64 emulation may encounter some graphical glitches regardless of which device you use, so currently it is not completely flawless. I have no idea about Saturn though.

These are according to my own test results, your mileage may vary depending on what other jailbreak tweaks you have installed.

yes it’s jailbroken and I’m surprised how fast PSX games run on a simple itouch 5. But N64 games, are like 2fps, it’s bad. What settings can I change to make it run smoother?

For 5th generation iPod touch, I had all enhancements disabled under the core settings and ran the ROM at the lowest resolution possible.

Thanks I’ll try that. I actually prefer lower res for N64 anyways. I played Banjo Tooie on the PC and it looks great, but when I loaded it up on my N64 (i own the cart), it actually has a bit of charm, (the lower res).