why beetle psx hw so slow in android?

I try several devices,like snapdragon 835、or other A72 cpu,all very slow. 1x native resolution maybe ok,but 2x resolution will be very slow,can not play game normally. I know in epsxe,2x resolution should be no problem on most android devices. but why?why beetle psx hw is so slow in android?can this be fixed? thx

The main thing that separates beetle-psx from epsxe in speed is the lack of a dynarec. However, if you’re able to get full speed with 1x, you should be able to go higher (2x, 4x, etc.) without significant impact…

Probably that’s going to help you much but if you want to stay on epsxe but want CRT effects scanline+bilinear filtering will give you a very identical look because of the small screen size.

that means beetle having not supported multi core cpu?

No, not exactly. Most emulators are inherently single-threaded, but a “dynarec” dynamically recompiles (hence the name) the console’s instructions for the native host machine’s hardware. It’s much faster than “interpreting” in software, but dynarecs are difficult to write and only work on the processor architecture they were written to target.

ePSXe has dynarecs for x86 and ARM. We have neither.

what a pity,waste of my snapdragon 835. 1x native is ugly. but epsxe dont support pgxp. no perfect on android now!