Why is Desmume so slow?

I play lots of games where Vsync is off with fps above 60 and menus don’t go super fast… When I turn Vsync on everything gets delayed in those so I force it off. But it has an option to have seperate settings for different programs. Guess I’ll just turn it on for Retroarch only.

edit: Okay, I fixed Arkanoid going ape shit but it still occasionally crackles, and can’t access the tab menu. edit2: Heh, everytime I boot Arkanoid the second time it boots into a square, which then gets me to a test screen and then I’m stuck. Then I redownload it and I can play once again 0.o.

i really hope this core gets improved. I can play Kingdom Hearts upscaled to 1080p on ppsspp full speed. Youd think i could play pokemon.

Apples & oranges.

Take a look again, desmume core received a lot of improvement these days, it’s running very well in desktop now.

It’s playable in twice the internal resolution on 4 cores here on an i5 3570, which is nice. The sound quality took a real step back though, hope that’s just temporary.

I have no issues on desktop. But I have a $4000 computer. I’m hoping for cell phone optimization.

why software only why not both or one or the other one?

It just requires a different interface (that is, libretro-gl rather than regular ol’ libretro). If it were ported from scratch today, it would probably be a libretro-gl core from the start but it was ported back before libretro-gl even existed and it would have to be completely re-ported to switch.