Why is mame still more delayed? And can you change FBA's controls?

Note: I realized I had posted this thread in the wrong place so I reposted it here.

Aside from audio delay issues I can’t fix with my hardware, With these features, except for the Nintendo DS for which frame ahead is too demanding, all my 2D Nintendo and Sega games feel absolutely perfect, and PS1 and N64 are good too, Even though I’m playing on an LCD! Even if rhythm games still don’t really work, I finally don’t have to worry about my arch nemesis input lag!.. However, there’s 1 thing I still have trouble emulating: Arcade games.

If i run pac-man on mame it feels unresponsive. Then I run it on Final Burn Alpha, and suddenly it feels completely fine. But FBA supports less games, and in it I can’t seem to modify the controls. I tried to play Geebee but couldn’t move because I think it uses a paddle controller. If there is a way to enable my mouse to move with it, or at least my controller?

does the mame core not support gpu sync and the other features or something? If that’s the case, how come?

edit: Luckily I by now figured out Groovymame makes the input lag low even with an LCD and Nvidia graphics card so I can use that, but I’m still curious.

2 Likes

It has an extra frame of input lag: https://github.com/libretro/mame/issues/53

1 Like