Why is snes9x-next (snes9x2010) core not available on Android?

I recently installed Retroarch 1.3.6 on my Shield TV and another android device only to discover the snes9x-next (now called snes9x2010) core is no longer on the available list of cores to to download.

Looking at BuildBot, I do not see the binary: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/

This use to be available on Android (i.e. Shield TV), what happened?

Thanks for your help.

Something must be causing it to not build successfully. I’ll look into it. In the meantime, regular snes9x should be mostly indistinguishable.

Thank for looking into this.

Unfortunately it is distinguishable (for me anyway) hence the request for this core:

-Super Mario All-Stars – This core gracefully handles an issue that’s been around for years – making the 2nd controller work as it should. -Super Mario World 2 - I think there’s some sort of speedhack/optimization used to allow the SuperFX emulation to run smoothly on lower-end hardware. For example, this core runs great on an RPI3 with this game for example. On the snes9x core this runs slowly.

Thanks so much!

its been missing for over 5 days now also some fba cores r missing as well and the black screen problem with the n64 cores is still going on

Yes, I can confirm this here too. Lesson learned; don’t be an upgrade monkey! :smiley:

Clearly, with the online updater on Android, with great power comes great responsibility. Teach me to go randomly trying to update when it’s all working. :frowning:

[QUOTE=d3s;45776]Thank for looking into this.

Unfortunately it is distinguishable (for me anyway) hence the request for this core:

-Super Mario All-Stars – This core gracefully handles an issue that’s been around for years – making the 2nd controller work as it should. -Super Mario World 2 - I think there’s some sort of speedhack/optimization used to allow the SuperFX emulation to run smoothly on lower-end hardware. For example, this core runs great on an RPI3 with this game for example. On the snes9x core this runs slowly.

Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on the All Stars gamepad issue? Also, SMW2 runs great for me, but I’m using a Shield TV so it could just be better hardware.

I did some quick tests – the snes9x core works fine on the SHIELD TV (given it’s processing horsepower). However on my other android devices it causes slow-down. The snes9x_2010 core usually operates just fine on weaker devices. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Thanks!