WII controller, mayflash bar and lightgun games

I have done a lot of searching, but am not really finding much for answers.

Can retroarch be configured to support 2 WII controllers (paired to mayflash sensor bar) as light guns, or at least aiming devices for various light gun games. This is for games using flycast core, such as HOTD2 for example.

If it’s possible:

• Is other software needed, like touchmote for example?
  • What setting should the dolphin bar be set at (1-4)?
  • How is retroarch best configured? Lightgun or mouse device?

Rob

I think in mouse mode, dolphinbar can only do 1 mouse…? Not 100% sure on that, though.

That might be correct by default. With touchmote software you can have the controller act as a mouse as well. I just haven’t got that working yet.

Rob

1 Like

do you have some good source to buy the wiimote + sensor bar ? The wiimote seems sort of decent price but I got dolphin bar suggestion which is way more expensive than expected. Thanks.

Amazon for the sensor bar and facebook market place for the wii controllers. Still a lot cheaper than aimtrak guns and totally wireless.

I did get 2 wii remote acting as aiming devices in mame using touchmote and programming the pointer to emulate analog stick movement. I am still working on getting retroarch to work though. I’d rather avoid using touchmote if possible.

Rob

I have at least one controller working now with retroarch/flycast. But, a big problem is that there seems to be an issue with the gun fire/reload configuration. I can aim and shoot if I program the shoot to the dpad on the wii remote. If I program the shoot to the trigger, it is recognized as ‘mouse1’ and does not work in the game.

This is using mode 2 on the dolphin bar with the input set to lightgun.

Maybe it is a flycast issue because the FB Neo core works correctly.

Rob

I have no idea, nor do I know how to create a question on this forum. Apparently new users can’t do that, so posting a reply here.

Have set up various light gun games for several cores in RA (e.g. Nintendo Duck Hunt, a few PS1 and Naomi games, etc.) and they all respect the global RA input settings for the mouse buttons (e.g. Button 1 is Fire, Button 2 is Reload).

But Dolphin/Wii light gun games (e.g. House of the Dead 2 & 3) always fire with the Button 2 (right button for right-handed users). I even tried putting the appropriate settings in the Dolphin cfg, changing them around (e.g. swapping button assignments) and the main input settings reflect these changes, yet the right mouse button always fires.

So short of actually re-configuring my AimTrak settings to send the right button click when the trigger is pulled (can’t imagine bothering to do that), what can be done in RA to make the left button fire?

Is this a bug?

PS. This forum software keeps popping up full screen messages about “editing draft in another window; please reload the page” or some such. Now that is a bug. :slight_smile: